a test on a gold earring with the ctx, deus, etrac, at pro and gold bug

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about having the right tool for the job..... For that small earring the AT Gold would be my choice. On low conductors it is in NO WAY comparable to the AT pro. For $200 more than the coil you were using on the Deus you can have a complete second machine that will excel in small gold hunting but also work great in iron, is waterproof and has proved (to me) to be one of the best machines to hold its depth in terrible ground like the red clay of Culpeper, Va. Not trying to hi jack your thread here, just don't like to see people post videos of the AT pro and throw the AT Gold in there with it "performance wise". I have tested in on small buttons, coins, lead of various sizes and jewelry, and in BAD ground running in ALL METAL it will out do anything costing less money and a big majority of those costing more. I have seen it slam a small coin with stock 5x8 coil that an Explorer SE or Etrac couldn't see....using 15x12 SEF coil! Would love to see it do the earring test!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How will you know its a gold earing to adjust the deuce why didn't you adjust the AT GB then turn down 12 the at works great in mineralized soil great depth target ID and separation an air test is useless because we never air hunt conditions soil mineralization weather moisture all effect performance. One test garden does not represent a detector in whole I hunt with a partner with the xp both great machines we found about the same amount of silver and for 1000 more itll take him a life time to find a 1000 more in coins. A lot of my tnet friends bought the max lots of good about both machines the bigger vdi backlight and way easier to use. My opinion Have fun enjoy this great hobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread