mkmib.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 271
  • mibsitu.JPG
    mibsitu.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 255

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Oh I like that..

I would much rather find antique marbles in cool water than in horrendous desert heat. Let's trade places!

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

very kewl...ben there lotsa times...that blue cullet is vitrolyte...you can tell by the ridges in the back...it was once tile for big applications.......didja ever see those clear pieces of tank windows???

OP
OP
M

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

I don't know of any production releases of aventurine mibs from MK, but I think I found some from the dumps which may have been experiments.

I like to dig where there is a source of water, or in the dry sand. The in between muddy soil makes it hard to spot the marbles.

I have a bunch of that vitrolyte material. I want to see if it can be knapped. I have seen some of that window material.

HH

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river

there aventurine in them thar hills...often aventurine appears in the green..i think it was a chemical reaction tho...not on purpose like all the other companies of the time..in other words they didnt add the stuff on purpose...

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350

UM ??? why are there marbles there :icon_scratch: is it a manufacturers dump site...or

HH
MichiganRob

OP
OP
M

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

MichiganRob said:
UM ??? why are there marbles there :icon_scratch: is it a manufacturers dump site...or

HH
MichiganRob
The marbles are there because of a factory dump site. This area is downstream from a drainage runoff that goes through the original dump. The dump is on private property and has been buried by the owner. The material in the run has been depleted over decades of collecting, so it is not easy to find many good mibs these days.

HH

OP
OP
M

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

Check out my response to MRob, right above your post. That will explain it for you. :icon_thumright:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread