A treasure from my past.

Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to Ohio this weekend to see some friends and what has become of the town the past four years I've been gone. But the biggest reason is to go back to my childhood home to find something i buried long,long ago.

See when I was a kid I was always fascinated by pirates, buried treasure, and treasure maps. One day I went into my much older brothers room and there it was. A big wooden crab bank filled with his savings. Mind you this was a decent amount of coins, with a few twenties and fifties. Not thinking of the repercussions I took that crab bank and ran out to a side lot to bury it.

I know what your thinking. Little turd right? I was just a kid after all. Anyway I made a treasure map to the location so that when a friend came over we could go out and dig it up. The plan was to act surprised as if it were a real pirates treasure. Well when it came time to go out and dig it up I had a little trouble reading my map. It was drawn in crayon and basically a bunch of lines drawn to an x marks the spot sign. We dug one hole where I thought it was and that was it. At eight years old I thought all was lost because it wasn't where I dug and simply gave up.

Now I've been detecting for maybe a years or so, and every time I go out I think about going back home and finding that treasure. I know the area its in and that know other soul has been in this location. Very excited to see if I can find it and will definitely keep you posted.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No sense in coming back, I already found it. Thanks, I was wondering who buried it.

Just kidding, Hope you find it and post a few pics.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wont that be great if you found it!

See, my brother and I don't really have a "brotherly" relationship, sooo.... I would keep it. just sayin.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. Yes, you were a little "turd".
I do hope you find it though.
Have a great experience retuning home.
Please keep us posted.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
M
Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. And Dave I know the feeling. My brother now helps make movies in Hollywood as a computer animator and thinks he's a big shot. Nothing close to the brother I grew up with so I can definitely relate. Still will be cool to see if I find it.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out for those 8 year old kids who may steal it from you to rebury it.....Happy Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool adventure hope you find it! We don't often get to go back and find our past!

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How exciting. It really would be a pirates stolen booty :skullflag: good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread