A treasure of Truth

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
After finding 4 rings in one day last week, I was unable to hunt again until this week. 2 days of hunting, 5 hours each day, 2 different beaches $6.14 in clad, (I paid for my gas to get to the beach) one gold plated earring of no value, and the rest junk, although the 50 cal bullet was an interesting find. I hope it came onto the beach as part of a re-nourishment project and not a Mafia shootout.... One split ring that was a momentary heart stopper, but alas not gold. One interesting square cut copper nail. (Probably off an old pirate shipwreck :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: or somebody's roof flashing ;D ;D ;D) However, the best treasure find was a "treasure of truth" on a Jesus bracelet, a quote from John 6:35, "Then Jesus said, I am the bread of life, He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." I enjoyed the hunt. Good exercise, lots of deep targets for my DF and lots of junk (not shown, including 18 deep tent stakes, 2 can slaws and 1 garden shovel). Remember, Never give up, the gold is there, you just have to put your coil over it. HH, Ralph

Attachments

• Beach Treasures 001-1.JPG
    Beach Treasures 001-1.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 482
  • Beach Treasures 002-1.JPG
    Beach Treasures 002-1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digging..... I am hoping to get out tomorrow, but not if the weather is like it is today (been raining hard for almost 12 hrs here)..

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
technetics, fisher1280,excal11, whites dual field PI
words of truth ralph...just dont give up and put the detector in the closet...low tide kind of stinks because of the times of it...dark half the time but i guess ill try digging in the dark 4am??? or 7pm :o

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nice digs :icon_salut: When I lived in Summerville I'd drive out to IOP & SI and find maybe .85 cents in clad. Never any jewlery, except for a nice "Bulova" watch that I sold to my neighbor for $125.00. I was very disenchanted, escpecially after driving that far. But I never gave up hope and I know if we return to that area after this little tour in paradise I'll still make the drive out there. You just never know what you'll scoop up next.

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
tnt-k9 said:
Pretty nice digs :icon_salut: When I lived in Summerville I'd drive out to IOP & SI and find maybe .85 cents in clad. Never any jewlery, except for a nice "Bulova" watch that I sold to my neighbor for $125.00. I was very disenchanted, escpecially after driving that far. But I never gave up hope and I know if we return to that area after this little tour in paradise I'll still make the drive out there. You just never know what you'll scoop up next.

The local beaches are heavily hunted by many local hunters and out of towners. There were 4 hunters on one beach today. I found $0.57 and 2 junk earrings, but people loose good stuff all the time and someone has to be the one to find it. Could be you..... Right now sounds like you have a great hunting ground. HH, Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread