"A Treasure Trove" - $1 million in jewels waiting for YOU!

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
"A Treasure Trove" - $1 million in jewels waiting for YOU!

Has anyone heard about this? Apparently, some guy named Michael Stadther wrote a book titled "A Treasure Trove" and got someone to hide $1 million in jewels around the country for us to find. I saw a news story about this on CNN today (Saturday, 06/04/05) about some little girl and her father finding one of the pieces of jewelry, a dragon fly, I believe. If you think you can outwit the hordes of little varmint kids who will be doing the same thing, read on. The R&R page lists the jeweled items and their appraised values. I'd like to find that spider critter!

Root Site Address:
http://www.atreasurestrove.com

Rules and Regulations page:
http://www.atreasurestrove.com/Public/Rules-Regulations/index.cfm

Primary Contest Explanation Page:
http://www.atreasurestrove.com/Public/TheTreasureHunt/TheClues/index.cfm
"Clues to the first-ever national treasure hunt for $1 million in jewels are cleverly hidden in the pages of A Treasure's Trove a classically-written fairy tale by Michael Stadther.

In order to find the clues, you don't need any special knowledge. If you can read, you can discover the exact location of each treasure, just the way one of the characters does in the Treasure's Trove story.

Once you find the clues, begin your hunt for the twelve 18K gold tokens, redeemable for the real treasure - 12 jewels with a combined value of $1 million! (Each token is redeemable for one jewel.) The tokens have been hidden throughout the continental USA in 12 separate locations, one located not more than a day's drive from where you live.

The tokens are not hidden on private property or in dangerous places, but in places accessible to everyone. The tokens are not buried. Nothing has to be moved or lifted to find them.

To help you train your eyes to look for clues, read:A Treasure's Trove Puzzle Book Companion. This book was also written by Michael Stadther. It contains 100 puzzles, illusions, tantalizing tales, and stories of real treasure."

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Re: "A Treasure Trove" - $1 million in jewels waiting for YOU!

Here is another one, except not to that extreme. As I have a place here in Az.[as well as Colo.] I'm usually around to hunt for this one. A guy who has a business here will take $250.00 in quarters [bulk] and hide them somewhere within the city limits. Small town about 2500. They are never hid on private property. They are never buried. They are always in plain sight. They are almost always in a plastic grocery bag. Wrapped tight with a rubber band around them. He will put out a new clue every week until they are found. Inside the bag is a business card which he has written something on. This is so no one can cheat. You will see why later. If and when you find them, you take them to his office and give him the business card. At that time he will write you a check for an additional $750.00. He will also give you an additional $100.00 if you will fill two 30 gal. trash bags with old road trash. This trash must be turned in before you find the quarters. If you find them you will not be allowed to hunt in the next hunt. But after that hunt is over, you can again hunt. That's sure in a lot of Hunt's, huh!!! He has this hunt two times a year, and has been doing it for about 12 yrs.. Once you find them it amounts to $1100.00 total. Sure helps with habit[Detecting, that is].

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like fun.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It was a heck of a lot of fun... I found one of the jewels and almost found two others but was a bit late. :headbang:

Better one than none :thumbsup:

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is a picture of the Bee Token, which had an 800 number on the back of it with a secret code that you called in and got instructions on what to do. The token had to be sent in to allow you to get the actual jewel.

Attachments

• Randy\'s-bee-608kb.jpg
    Randy\'s-bee-608kb.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 3,123

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who is the winner?

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There were at least 13 and maybe 14 individuals who won a jewel prize. I was one of them. :hello:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#8..... Good for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread