Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes great finds are disproportionately displayed online, so I wanted to show a normal day. I had a fantastic day out with a few members of the Basstards of Bramble yesterday, on a field that had everything but the “good stuff”. It was a birthday hunt for Bartek, and we all had a blast.

This is what I’d call a typical day in a field. A 9 times out of 10 day, and one you don’t see online. It’s not all old coppers and Spanish silver every day like it may seem ;)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379584.691229.jpg
Can slaw
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379601.274733.jpg
19th and 20th century brass
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379627.777894.jpg
Lead, doorknob, and pully
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379656.482975.jpg
Older brass, incl horse saddle piece
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379703.787389.jpg
Spoon frags, IHP’s, etc. also a merc, not pictured. Oldest item of the day was a pewter rat-tail spoon fragment.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582379772.595935.jpg
Priceless friends. Treblehunter and Bartek. Happy birthday Bart!!!

Good hunts everyone,

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 27

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see this post! I know I usually don't post my "bummer days". I've been on a roll this year, so your post is a good reminder of what "normal" looks like. Ill probably be back to doing the same type of hunts here soon, but as you know, you can't find something awesome every hunt. Thanks for the reality check!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right on the money. I usually dig a lot of trash as well as the goodies and some days the goodies are a few zinc pennies and clad. Your few IHPs and the rat tail spoon fragment would make my hunt a really good one. Even those items are frequently hard to come by in my neck of the woods. Keep up the good work and as always, keep swingin.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I know many days I come home with only the first plate stuff in my pouch.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical day it is. Nice you took the time to post! Still many times better than coming home with nothing in the pouch. :thumbsup:

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks about right on the finds. Glad you guys had fun in the field. That's what it's all about. In fact I'm gonna head out now for a late afternoon hunt.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where a certain merc went, lol. It was fun digging in in the dirt, two flat buttons and an old spoon is not too bad of a normal day for me. Best part of the day was seeing my buddies, I even got to face time with Charlie!

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I passed a few guys yesterday in a field between philly and fleetwood, was that you? it was pretty cold yesterday

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks about right, if I come home with 1 keeper find, I’m happy. When I dump my trash bins, I’ll post a picture. Right now I have 2-4 gallon, 1- 5 gallon bucket full and a milk crate full of “big metal” rolling around in the bed of my truck. When I take a corner too fast, it sounds like a car accident

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice little haul of scrap metal , after doing that for a year you'll have some beer money.
most of my hunts are just like that . but I enjoy being in the woods and spending time with nature so it's all good..
you guys look happy , thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Typical day it is. Nice you took the time to post! Still many times better than coming home with nothing in the pouch. :thumbsup:

My friends and I debate whether it’s better to find nothing vs. modern trash. I say finding trash is more exciting. When you find nothing, your feet get heavier and your detecting days get shorter;)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know where a certain merc went, lol. It was fun digging in in the dirt, two flat buttons and an old spoon is not too bad of a normal day for me. Best part of the day was seeing my buddies, I even got to face time with Charlie!

Our Basstards trip is going to be epic!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you gentlemen had a good time.

I’m looking forward to seeing all of you in the near future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looked like a great time! You are right, most of our finds (junk) are never photographed. :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately my old sites have little contamination with newer stuff. I think I'd go nuts digging that much trash.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this. Yesterday was a glorious day and I hadn't been out in about a month. We went to a colonial era field where my buddy had found two coppers in quick succession on a previous visit. Between 3 of us we did collectively 9 hrs and found 3 ox shoes and trash. Then I leave and they detected hrs more. 1 guy finds a nice draped bust and merc. Slim pickins. I keep my dreams in check and just want one good thing. When I found the ox shoes I felt like I was on fire and about to get something good. Then my time window ran out and had to go home.... Hopefully the next hunt is better! Sometimes it's just a feeling you get early on that it's going to be a tough hunt.

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man thanks for the post! The best find of the day was seeing my boys and just doing what we love on a beautiful sunny day!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you gentlemen had a good time.

I’m looking forward to seeing all of you in the near future.

Yeah man thanks for the post! The best find of the day was seeing my boys and just doing what we love on a beautiful sunny day!

See you guys at the B.O.B reunion! Good time will he had by all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread