Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The team and I got out this past weekend for some Colonial digging. We hit a new field on Saturday and were eyeing old pottery and brick in the field, but no great signals. :dontknow: Kyle did get the best find of the day and it was on top of the ground. :laughing7: This site was weird. It should have produced some coppers and buttons. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

On Sunday, we hit the same farm where I found the copper pipe in October. We hit a field that once had a dwelling. The site was definitely early by the amount of brick we were finding on top of the ground. There were a lot of foundation stones littered all over the field, but once again, very little good signals. There was a lot of iron though which could mean that the site was hunted. Heck, when the farmer tells us, "There used to be a home over in that field. We plowed up foundation stones," that could mean that he told others about it. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: It was another perplexing site, but I did get a nice mid-reading on my machine and after digging up many brick pieces out of the hole, I found my most beautiful 18th century button. :icon_thumleft: Don in SJ and Steve in PA estimate it being from the 1790s. I would have to agree with them.

We will be seeking permission for a new site this weekend. We are definitely due for a bonanza. :hello2:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 964
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 950
Upvote 0

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful button Kirk! You just can't beat that 18th century stuff! HH RelicRick

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the books, its much more likely 1800-1830. Still a nice looking button.

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Nice button. Good luck this weekend. We'll be looking for a good post! That iron can mask a lot of good signals from breaking through. My 4"x6" coil was a good investment. Now I'm experimenting with the recovery and sweep speeds to maximize it. You can crank up the gain and sensitivity too.

HH!
Cm2db

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Missed this yesterday,well wasn't in todays finds much though. :icon_scratch: Nice button man! :thumbsup: Makes me think of a open works button I found that kinda looks like it.(a little) It's weird how a odd ball one shows it's self every now & then.Helps keep it fun digging. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is one beautiful and unique "dock worker" button there Kirk! :laughing9: I love to find those interesting buttons and like Bill said, a best ornate button post on Best finds would be a cool topic! Congrats friend!
Keith

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Kirk that button is sick :headbang:
I like finding decorative colonial buttons more than anything else. :thumbsup:

Blaze

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice One Brutha :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome button Kirk'dude !!