A Vaquero question. . . .

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

I have been reading a good deal about the Vaquero. Would it be safe to say, for all around hunting, the Vaquero is the way to go (Coins, Jewelry, relics etc)?

Thanks for the input guys and gals,

HH

Pulltab

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, yes it would!:occasion14:

Woodyvtwin

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Newfane, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a "Tesoro Compadre" so I am not that familiar with the Vaquero. Although, I have been advised, by a reliable source, that it is the ultimate pick for all-around detector for the money. In addition, I have watched some awesome videos on You Tube at this Link:
mjcz5853's channel - YouTube
The Vaquero definately appeals to me. I hope this helps.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry didn't have to elaborate.
What he said!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned various Tesoros for years and yes, the Vaquero is a monster! Be prepared to dig deep though. Not having a screen that tells you the depth of an object you will want to learn subtleties of the sounds.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I have had two vaqueros.They were sweet.I was going to get another as i sold the two i had.They are considered a all terrain detector.Perfect for all types of hunting.But i got the vaqs big brother now, the tejon.But i am so found of the vaq.Even has a high enough frequency to be a started gold prospecting detector.You cannot go wrong with a vaquero. :-V

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
simple, light, quiet and deep. I have found deeper and tinier targets missed by other detectors

the stock coil works great

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread