a very disapointing day. some clad...and this thing???

dtsnmike240z

Mar 7, 2007
missouri for now
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Attachments

• P1012398.JPG
    P1012398.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 426
  • P1012399.JPG
    P1012399.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dtsnmike240z said:
well less than .25 in clad and this thing. not sure what it is. any ideas?... and how long do i have to go before i find something valuable?

Depends what you consider valuable. If you mean something that will pay for your detector or buy an upgrade to a better machine? Might not happen in your lifetime. If you mean something you'll dig out once in a while and remember the fun you had and the satisfaction of the hunt and dig . . . any day now. I know a couple guys who still have every coin and object, clad included, they ever dug up. Zero $ value because they keep it all. But they have a lot of fun.

OP
OP
dtsnmike240z

dtsnmike240z

Mar 7, 2007
missouri for now
Detector(s) used
ace 250
true it was fun. but i would like to find a nice item for ebay. or a coin i could be proud of. or heck a cache... lol

G

garbage digger

j.d. in missouri said:
i dont know what it is but its an awsome relic!!!

I agree. What do you mean when am I gonna find something of value? In my eyes you just did. I'm not sure what it is either, but that's part of the fun(finding the history on you're digs) and I can tell you one thing it is surely one cool find.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Just keep swinging man!! If I had to replace my machine tomorrow, it would run me over $1500 (DFX,DD1400,SunRay)....So far I have found clad, 3 silver ring, couple silver coins, and a handful of wheaties. I am happy to go out swinging my detector regardless of my finds. It's all about the time spent with friends and the time doing something you enjoy!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
So this find of yours... tell us where you found it... what town? A park? A church yard? Your backyard?

L.P.E. Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis (1904) ??? really doesn't match the rest of the item.

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
how big is that thing....

looks like a sign or adress marker... maybe an old fire insurance marker used to identify a house a private fire company would actually put out if the place was on fire... ( damn insurance companies got to love them )

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Don't put so much pressure on yourself...

to find something valuable. Research and hitting those older spots where there seemed to have alot of activity and you can come up with value. Hard to find those $1000.00 dollar coins but you can spend time and find a bunch of $30.00 coins and have fun doing it!

OP
OP
dtsnmike240z

dtsnmike240z

Mar 7, 2007
missouri for now
Detector(s) used
ace 250
you guys are right. the disc is about 2" round maybe a little bigger. found along a river bank, the merimak to be precise. in missouri

T

TreasureTales

Maybe it was an exhibitor button for the Louisiana Purchase Exposition. You know how folks wear a badge to get into the county fairs for free, maybe it was one of those from 1904. I dunno. It's neat - I'd consider it a real treasure - valuable or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread