A very nice surprise

dcinffxva

Apr 9, 2008
I retired last week, and this week was my "official" retirement ceremony. I got the standard nice few words from the boss, and a very nice shadowboard reflecting back on my career. After the main part was done, my crew announced they had a little extra presentation. They came in with this. Gotta admit, I was completely surprised by it.

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

The shadowbox, and group photo, signed by everyone

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is nice. Congrats on your retirement. Real nice to be remembered by your coworkers like that.

Now you have lots of time to detect. :thumbsup:

Al

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me add my congratulations and my appreciation for your spending a quarter century in a very necessary and highly dangerous public service profession. :thumbsup:

scrubber

OP
OP
D

dcinffxva

Apr 9, 2008
Thanks for the good wishes !

Going out and playing in the dirt, as long as several other things were what prompted me to go ahead and roll out. I could have left a few months ago, but figured it didn't make any sense to retire while the ground is still frozen !

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Congratulations on your retirement! :thumbsup: Thank you for your service to us! My father is a retired St. Lou officer! I know the stress that type of work can hand you! I love the rifle and the badges! You deserve so much more for laying your life on the line for us! Good luck on your retirement! Now it is time to swing the coil for awhile! ;D

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice indeed. Congrats. :thumbsup:
Appreciate your service.

Now you will have more time to treasure hunt 8)

GG~

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BE358_M.jpg

Your shadow box is really nice, the presentation of the rifle is totally awesome. Thank you for your dedicated law enforcement service. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

OP
OP
D

dcinffxva

Apr 9, 2008
The rifle is a Marlin Model 1895 in 45/70.

The plank that it is mounted on came from the barn of one of the guys on my crew. He has no ida when the barn was built, but his house was built sometime around 1730. Unfortunately the house burned down in December. i've been detecting around it pretty heavily, but there is a huge amount of iron to sift through.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dcinffxva said:
The rifle is a Marlin Model 1895 in 45/70.

The plank that it is mounted on came from the barn of one of the guys on my crew. He has no ida when the barn was built, but his house was built sometime around 1730. Unfortunately the house burned down in December. i've been detecting around it pretty heavily, but there is a huge amount of iron to sift through.

Good looking rifle. I'm in the market for one myself, but I got three more years left to retirement ;D

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
WOW! That's fantastic! Congratulations on making it to retirement in such a dangerous profession.
Your crew's thoughtful gift beats the heck out of a gold watch, huh??!

Kilika

whitesPA

Jul 6, 2005
wow thanks for your service . you must work with a great bunch of people . to cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Great all way round .
You finished your shift and went home alive ........There endith the lesson . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread