a very WHEAT day. and a ring too

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
When to an old park in Aurora and met up with a guy on here (scooter) did not find much only clad....decided to go to a park down the way again...not much...so we decided to head to an old part of town. There was a house with the lawn all ripped out along with a juniper bush...jackpot! The owner allowed us to detect his yard....and it was crazy every penny i dug was a wheat cent...i will let scooter tell you what he found.... :thumbsup: on that small lot I dug 7 wheat cents, oldest being 26' and a ring (non silver/gold) under a tree. It was a pretty sweet day..than we went to another park and dug all clad...the hunt for silver continues...

Picture421.jpg

Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Sweet day you and Scooter had Joe!
Congratulations on your finds.
Scooter called me with his cool find too.
Man O man you guys had a great day wish I could have been there too!

We all have to get together next week and hit it hard!
Chris

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Wheat is good for you ya know.......keeps ya regular........ :tongue3:

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey joe just heard from scooter WOW, that was perfect timing on that spot. congrats on your hunt maybe we can get together and find some productive land.
PIP

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
denverjoe04 said:
When to an old park in Aurora and met up with a guy on here (scooter) did not find much only clad....decided to go to a park down the way again...not much...so we decided to head to an old part of town. There was a house with the lawn all ripped out along with a juniper bush...jackpot! The owner allowed us to detect his yard....and it was crazy every penny i dug was a wheat cent...i will let scooter tell you what he found.... :thumbsup: on that small lot I dug 7 wheat cents, oldest being 26' and a ring (non silver/gold) under a tree. It was a pretty sweet day..than we went to another park and dug all clad...the hunt for silver continues...

Picture421.jpg

Had a great day ;D
First off wanted to give joe a big pat on the back for meeting up with me today to hunt :thumbsup: Joe was the wheat magnet today :notworthy: As joe said, We met in a little park next to a church and found some clad including a Susan B as well as a cool sterling "Jesus" ring with inside reading a circled c with Bowen SS.
The best part of the whole day was the older home with a very small yard that the owner graciously let us hunt. I stood in amazement watching joe pull wheat after wheat from such a small area. All I had found was some newer clad and a wheat and decided to check out the easement between the sidewalk and the street and got a good $.25 signal about 2-2.5" down figured it would be a newer quarter and was very surprised when a 1902 Barber pooped out :o I was very shocked as it was my first old silver find. As I was fixing my hole I noticed that it looked as if a large juniper had been planted in the spot at one time due to all the old debris in the area as well as a shallow sunken spot. I think the juniper had given the Barber a place to hide over the years until its recent removal and my luck in finding it.

Very good day...
Scooter,

Attachments

• 4-18-08 001.jpg
    4-18-08 001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 4-18-08 011.jpg
    4-18-08 011.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 4-18-08 014.jpg
    4-18-08 014.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 301