tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to union county many times, it’s like an hour east of me.
Maybe our ancestors met!
That could be if your roots are from there. My 3rd great grandfather married a Lydia Tempelton from Union County and also in my research a brother of his shows also to had married a Tempelton girl to. There's a cabin in front of the Union County courthouse called the Tempelton cabin and I wonder if it was built by my ancestors through marriage, as I do have a Tempelton in my blood by the way of Lydia Tempelton who was my 3rd great grandmother, buried by the side of her husband Henry Jackson Brandenburg there in Nebraska.

Union County was formed in 1821. It was so named because it is the product of a union of parts of Fayette, Franklin and Wayne counties. The first settlers were from Laurens District, South Carolina. John Templeton was the first settler to enter land at the Cincinnati land office in what would become Harmony Township, Union County Indiana. The first county seat was Brownsville, a small town located on the East Fork of the Whitewater River. The seat was moved in 1824 to Liberty, a central location. The primary industry of Union County was and is farming.

[/I]

Attachments

• 41106039102_8592aaaab2_m.jpg
    41106039102_8592aaaab2_m.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread