A visit to the Local downtown Central Parks - Found a few Clad coins & one Wheat Cent

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A visit to the Local downtown Central Parks - Found a few Clad coins & one Wheat Cent

A group of small parks in the center of town is always worth checking, where a lot of activities take place almost every weekend from arts & crafts to Farmers Day produce sales to even pre celebrate local football events and even Boy Scout gatherings, etc. In the past I have found a lot of coins, rings, scout scarf slides, etc. You never know what you will find - but as always also a ton of flip-top tabs. I found 47 coins today with a $-total of $4.28 of 8-quarters, 21-dimes & 18- cents with one 1955-D Wheat Cent, all clad, but I have hunted these parks for years, many times.
Happy Hunting Everyone & Good Luck........BILL

P1010122.jpg

Upvote 15

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had fun lots of coins and each plug you never know what will be there Good job

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet...great pile of coins! I accidentally found a great way to get rid of some of my dug clad between tumblings, (tumblings are far and few between nowadays, as the past couple of years I've concentrated on much older, out of the way sites that give up very little clad... but I drove into town as my sweet tooth was singing for some ice cream, and as I parked, I realized my wallet was at home. Rats!! But wait...I popped the hatch and grabbed my Tupperware container with clad, snatched out a handful, and at the self check-out I fed the coin slot and it gobbled them right up...Ddf.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet...great pile of coins! I accidentally found a great way to get rid of some of my dug clad between tumblings, (tumblings are far and few between nowadays, as the past couple of years I've concentrated on much older, out of the way sites that give up very little clad... but I drove into town as my sweet tooth was singing for some ice cream, and as I parked, I realized my wallet was at home. Rats!! But wait...I popped the hatch and grabbed my Tupperware container with clad, snatched out a handful, and at the self check-out I fed the coin slot and it gobbled them right up...Ddf.
Hey, Ddf......Thanks for the comment......Yes, even the uncleaned clad coins come in handy sometimes (I love ice-cream too) -- And I remember a couple of years ago when my wife & I had to go back to Illinois (over 1,000 miles) in an emergency and low on funds....I took $400 of uncleaned clad quarters & dimes, I put in the trunk in case we needed them & sure enough we did dip into about half of them (after I cleaned them while in Illinois) to get back home to Florida, using them for laundromats, gas & food. Thanks to this GREAT hobby. Good Luck & HH.

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions