A walk in the woods

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Hi folks. This is my first post on this part of the forum. So thanks for the look

Was cruising around google trying to Iā€™d this bottle I found w my kids yesterday in the woods and I came to the realization that Iā€™m an idiot! Why not post it on tnet šŸ¤£. Any help would be great. No embossing on it and only a simple H on the bottom.
View attachment 1811248 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1584290796.003907.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A half pint strap-sided liquor flask, blown in a mould, tooled double ring finish, from somewhere between 1890 and 1910. Before about the end of the First World War, manganese was used in glass as a decoulorizing agent, to make it clear. Little did we know that when UV rays react on the manganese over time, we get this purple/amethyst colour.

Great find! I'm itching to find a nice flask.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A half pint strap-sided liquor flask, blown in a mould, tooled double ring finish, from somewhere between 1890 and 1910. Before about the end of the First World War, manganese was used in glass as a decoulorizing agent, to make it clear. Little did we know that when UV rays react on the manganese over time, we get this purple/amethyst colour.

Great find! I'm itching to find a nice flask.

Perfect ID, my friend. I be itchin' too.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect ID, my friend. I be itchin' too.

Yeah, still thawing or super muddy most places here. Lately I've been walking along a suburban creek bank spotting modern marbles. Haha, that'll have to do for a little while longer...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice molded bottle Great info also I have many bottles Ive collected and have to research but its fun to learn

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread