a way to get rid of troublemakers?

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Anyone ever have one of those people that makes you feel "not right" ,asking for the time
or what are you looking for?
Basically someone looking to rob you,has anyone ever responded with
"there was this crime a few nights ago, Detective Smith from the PD called me again
to help,this area is being watched closely"

I dunno, some kind of lie that will throw that troublemaker off,point to a car across the field or
a van and say something like,"those guys are the surveillance team" ::)

im going to bed....... :icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaah!

you's big city people make me love
being Small town ;D :coffee2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst that happens around here is opie may get grounded for a week and
need to apologize for stepping on somones flowers :P

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
I moved from Vegas 3 years ago to a small town in N. Idaho, man what a difference. People are very friendly, low crime rate, and a beautiful area. The worst thing anyone has come up to me and said was "find anything good" (lol). I also grew up in Chicago so I know how big cities are.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 369

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved from Northern California to NW Arkansas about 8 years ago.
The change was pretty abrupt. While we do have some undesirable elements here, they mostly keep to themselves. There are some druggies, thieves, etc but nothing like it was back in Ca.
I don't miss it a bit. Front page news is usually local politics or events, as opposed to a body count.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SYKO said:
Anyone ever have one of those people that makes you feel "not right" ,asking for the time
or what are you looking for?....

When I am gold panning on a club claim, I make it a point to have my Ruger P90 .45acp in a holster. Especially with gold being so $$ now. And if I'm in an area where my Concealed Firearm Carry permit is legal I am sure to be armed as well.

Note I have never had any opportunity to say:
"You are scaring me. I want you to know that I am carrying a firearm and have plenty of insurance in case I get sued for shooting you. Please leave."

The insurance thing is real. It probably costs at least $50k to defend yourself in a shooting case. My agent assured me I am well protected. Of course this situation has never happened but my open carry in remote spots is very true.

Just my own thoughts.

Attachments

• RugerP90 (Small).jpg
    RugerP90 (Small).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 283

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Hmm... maybe putting one hand to your ear and saying "Sniper team stand down, it's just a pedestrian". Then going into an explanation that there has been a rash of robberies and the PD is putting decoys all over to lure the suspect out.

Or maybe throw some red safety cones around and wear one of these shirts while detecting:

http://www.tshirtoutlet.com/129.html

XT18000

May 26, 2008
SYCO

I see your from the Houston area; I'm across the lake from Humble. If you have a carry
permit make use of it. The first thing to do is not let anyone you don't know get closer
than 25 ft. Tell them to stop at that distance; and put your hand on your weapon, if they
do not stop then, draw your weapon and SHOOT them. If there are two or more of
them, shoot the one that is the closest even if you see no weapon. If you read the law's
on self defence in Texas you will find that you can follow this guide with out worry.
And be for the whole internet jump's on this, THEY need to read the law's for self defence,
study self defence, and talk to a lawyer in TEXAS about self defence. IN THAT ORDER!
I will add this also; ONLY YOU can be the judge if you are in a position that you feel you
are in danger and need to defend yourself and under TEXAS LAW you have that right even
if it's by some teenage punk or anyone else! Do not allow your self to become a victim if
you can prevent it!

rhhideout

Greenie
Mar 19, 2005
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer E-TRAC
I make it a point to have my Ruger P90 .45acp in a holster. Especially with gold being so $$ now. And if I'm in an area where my Concealed Firearm Carry permit is legal I am sure to be armed as well.

I pack a Ruger 9MM everywhere I go.It doesn't mean I'll win,but at least I have a chance.Big city or small
city it doesn't seem to make a difference these days.I had an issue a couple years back when these two guys
said they wanted my metal detector.I casually opened my jacket and asked which one wanted to take it.I didn't
have any takers.That is a scenario I never want again.Today things are quite different.Be aware of your surroundings.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
xt18000....maybe in texas that works but here in pa you cant show it and you cant pull it unless its life or death....and then you better be able to prove it! criminals here have more rights than upstanding citizens

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
xt18000....maybe in texas that works but here in pa you cant show it and you cant pull it unless its life or death....and then you better be able to prove it! criminals here have more rights than upstanding citizens

no that's to prevent People from shooting first
& Asking questions later.
Just because They don't like Somones looks.
Or are so scared of their own shadow,
they shouldn't be out on the streets in the first Place.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
if someone attacks you with thier fists and you shoot them. your done. you have to proove it was a life or death situation. if you cant its you who's going to jail. we had a lot of cases when they first allowed us to carry in phila. and lots of people with ccw were arrested for shooting people and for brandishing thier weapon. also for carrying in a bar or school. its not the guy you shoot you have to worry about.its the courts, the lawyers, his family and your money. oh yeah and your time. i was more scared when i carried than when i didnt. was afraid my temper would get the best of me and i would blast someone and also was afraid that even though it was life or death , i could count on years of court time and legal fees proving it.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
btw....i dont think its as strict out in the burbs, but in the city....you may as well be in a different country. oh, and you cant shoot someone over property, only life. if someones stealing your car and you shoot him....your going to be arrested, he gets let go, and then if he isnt dead, he sues you. if he is dead his family sues you. it happened to a friend of mine. :angry7:

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mistergee said:
btw....i dont think its as strict out in the burbs, but in the city....you may as well be in a different country. oh, and you cant shoot someone over property, only life. if someones stealing your car and you shoot him....your going to be arrested, he gets let go, and then if he isnt dead, he sues you. if he is dead his family sues you. it happened to a friend of mine. :angry7:

Right. All CCW permits require both firearm training and classroom discussions of federal and local laws. The Pros and Con Cons to carrying, and actual lawsuits or arrests in your locale. I live in Colorado and Denver is the last place you would carry or even transport a gun in your car.

However out in the boonies there are sometimes real crazy folks. And I might have lots of saleable electronics, detector(s), coils, GPS, headphones, cell phone, camera and car. Plus camping gear if that's your thing.

A one million dollar policy protecting you from lawsuits is pretty cheap considering the scenario above. Yes someone will sue for money and probably the local DA will be trying for a conviction but that's the world we live in. And the cops would rather no one could defend themselves except them.

Criminals have no problem getting guns. Or killing someone. That's what they do. I hope none of us ever get into a life threatening situation but I hope I am prepared.

As a footnote, the CCW classes I've attended recommend two other items than your gun. A cellphone to call 911 if you witness a crime or someone being hurt, don't get involved yourself, and a camera to take some evidence pix. Good advice.

Let's go treasure hunting and forget about those bad situations. Probably never happen. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread