A week camping and looking

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
Well here's a post about the fun I had almost a couple of weeks ago. I meet up with Almostneverlost (aka Trent) down South on Sun. the 9th for a week of good ole camping and rock hunting. I started out on the wrong foot down there, we got Trent's camper all set, I opened my trunk on the car, grabbed my air mattress, sleeping bag and realized I left my brand new Colman quick set tent at home (over 150 miles away). :BangHead: So off to wally world I go about 30 + miles away to drop 50 bucks on a tent style I didn't want at all ( learned a good lesson I hope).
I got back in time to set up the tent and get settled in just in time to enjoyed Trent's good cooking. Let me tell you all, this Guy cooks some mean Dutch Oven meals. :tongue1:

The point hunting by far for the week was some of the most difficult rock hunting I and I think Trent has done. All the conditions were wrong, weeds, ground stomped out by other's and dirty rocks from the lack of rain. We got rain one night but not enough to do squat.
We did manage to scratch out a few good finds through out the week with the such harsh looking conditions. I wish we would have found more but it wasn't in the cards for us and God knows it wasn't from the lack of looking. I still had a blast camping and spending time with a good friend, if we're finding points it's just a bonus to me. Tell Deb and Cal hi for me and throw the stick a few times for me.

Trent, thanks again for the awesome company and food Bud. Here's some pictures of my better finds. :thumbsup:

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

Here's my best of them all made of hornstone chert ? the type I'm not sure.The colors of it when wet and dry are so different.

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Redneck!!!! :icon_thumleft: I hope you shared some of those good finds with Trent!! lol

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
The annual campout , success as always even with a rough start. I had too rent a tent one time from wally their return policy is great hint,hint Chief .You and Trent must have had a great time super cool finds nice stuff that exhausted white point is intresting too cant wait to see Trents post good job fellas .

centraliowa21

Mar 23, 2011
Some nice finds. Sounds like it was a fun trip. I really like that blade in the third picture. Thanks for showing them.

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
I had a great time looking and camping with Lee that week..... The thing about being so far away from everything is that you really do feel like you have "gotten away", it's awesome.
It was looking under some tough conditions, but Lee really made the best of it :hello2: I did manage to find mostly birdies, and heart breakers.
Here are some pics;
phpURAKYGPM.jpg
phpie9uO4PM.jpg
phpODWxuaPM.jpg
phpUMtmAOPM.jpg
Lee, that new area we hit that last day I think will be one of the better ones going forward, so many great sites in a relatively small area :icon_sunny:
Well it was a great time, and I already look forward to next year!

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
Nice haul guys! Definitely some dandies - whole and broke. At least you had a great time and Lee,,,,I figured you would have just slept under the stars ;D

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
Killer guys! Looks like a great time. I'm available next year to join you and cook some pretty mean Dutch Oven recipe's too. :laughing9:

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I'll bet you two are like a couple of vacuum cleaners going up a creek or out across a field. Nothing left but a cloud of dust when you're through. ;D Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread