A Weekend Hunt Yields 6 SILVER RINGS INCLUDING A RARE WWII GERMAN POW RING!

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a fairly BAD weekend Metal Detecting (3 Silver rings and 21.00 Euro in clad), but my friend found a RARE SILVER WWII GERMAN POW RING! Congrats Aron!

GOPR0154.JPG

GOPR0153.JPG

GOPR0152.JPG

Thanks for watching and please subscribe!

Craig

Upvote 5

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The POW camp that is on the ring is literally down the road from me. All that is left is concrete where the guard towers stood and rock work that the POWs made. It is overgrown and there is really nothing left of it. There are stories where the Germans were glad to be out of the war and were treated humanely. There is one story where a guard left his rifle against a tree and the POW went and fetch it and gave it back to him. There are still a few remnants of the POWs found on the post such as German writing on the old walls of buildings, but the are very few structures left from that time.

If I ever get back in there, I will take some pictures of the rock work that the POWs did and the remains of the towers which are little more than concrete pillars in the ground.

Interesting note: parts of Fort Chaffee was used as a Cuban detention center in the 80s. On the show "Ghost Adventures" they did a paranormal research visit on the old buildings. A few years later some National Guard soldiers did their own paranormal research and ended up burning down the buildings with a stray cigarette. When we trained at Fort Chaffee they would kid and warn us not to do any ghost hunting.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Awesome ring!

OP
OP
ODA 226

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The POW camp that is on the ring is literally down the road from me. All that is left is concrete where the guard towers stood and rock work that the POWs made. It is overgrown and there is really nothing left of it. There are stories where the Germans were glad to be out of the war and were treated humanely. There is one story where a guard left his rifle against a tree and the POW went and fetch it and gave it back to him. There are still a few remnants of the POWs found on the post such as German writing on the old walls of buildings, but the are very few structures left from that time.

If I ever get back in there, I will take some pictures of the rock work that the POWs did and the remains of the towers which are little more than concrete pillars in the ground.

Interesting note: parts of Fort Chaffee was used as a Cuban detention center in the 80s. On the show "Ghost Adventures" they did a paranormal research visit on the old buildings. A few years later some National Guard soldiers did their own paranormal research and ended up burning down the buildings with a stray cigarette. When we trained at Fort Chaffee they would kid and warn us not to do any ghost hunting.

That would be wonderful if you could take some pictures and post them Pointman! Please post anything else you find of the history there or behind this ring!

Thanks!

Craig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread