A whole bunch of vintage posters - military, western, ect...

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Plenty of pics just like Treasurenet likes it!

I got these a while back at an estate sale, but I just had them put into Mylar bags with that white backing material that costs too darn much. Many are repro's, but some are originals - like the Western Movie posters from the 50's. I have a lot more of them, but I haven't prepared them for sale yet like I have these. I'll update the thread when I get the rest prepared to go into my antique booth.

Soviet Russia propaganda posters. These are some vintage repro's made in the late 70's or early 80's. The one on top is the iconic image that became popular after the Nazi invasion of Russia - Operation Barbosa. It translates to "The Motherland is Calling!" The paper in her hand is the Red Army Oath. This was the first and most famous Soviet propaganda poster of WWII. Not real sure about the other two... :icon_scratch:

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Here are the Western Movie Posters. A young Slim Pickens can be seen drawn in the top right corner of the first one pictured.

024.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

This one is pretty cool. A Momarr Gaddafi poster for target practice. This one was made in the 80's THE FIRST TIME he was doing stupid stuff. That crazy Momarr! He is always causing mischief!

020.jpg

WWI US propaganda poster. Hey ladies! Don't you wish you were a man so you could join the Navy? One day you will be able to serve along side the brave men of our armed forces! Keep up the good fight and one day you may even be able to vote!

022.jpg

Original Spanish bullfight poster from 1962.

021.jpg

2 temple rubbings from Thailand on rice paper. I think they outlawed taking rubbings a while back. You might get spanked with a cane if they catch you doing that over there now.

019.jpg

018.jpg

These were printed in the 1950's. They are from a series called "The U.S. Army in Action" depicting battles from across the globe. There is even one of the Chinese Boxer Rebellion - where the US and our allies actually captured Beijing. Take that commies and your cheaply made Wal-Mart garbage!

012.jpg

017.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Print titled 'The Fighter Pilot' by Maxine McCaffrey dedicated to combat pilots in Vietnam.

010.jpg

Lafayette meeting the National Guard in New York:

009.jpg

Fredric Remington print 'Dismounted - The Fourth Troopers Moving'. I have another Remington depicting a Native American, but I haven't got it fixed up yet...

005.jpg

Repro of The Declaration of Independence from the John Hancock Insurance Company:

001.jpg

Coca-Cola poster repro print. Some chick named Lillian Norton Nordica - 1903.

004.jpg

U.S. Intelligence posters warning of SPYders and Russian Bears! Those commie bears will mess you up!

003.jpg

002.jpg

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love politically incorrect propaganda posters! Repros or not, I've never seen the Soviet posters before. Really interesting stuff! If you don't mind me asking, what's a repro Soviet poster worth? How about an original?

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Customx_12 said:
I love politically incorrect propaganda posters! Repros or not, I've never seen the Soviet posters before. Really interesting stuff! If you don't mind me asking, what's a repro Soviet poster worth? How about an original?

The 'Motherland Calling' poster reproduction can be had new for around $20.00... They are quite easy to locate on the web.

As far as an original goes, I can't find one on the iterwebz. I would imagine they would be worth a good bit if you could find one, even though there had to be quite a few printed since Russia is such a vast country with so many people to reach. Posters like this were an important way to communicate back then before everyone had all these fancy electronic devices...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread