A win by an inch is as good as a mile.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I just love you skeptics. This one is for you guys and especially for my man Carl-NC.

He told me one time that dowsing would not show any better results than throwing a tennis ball in the air and searching the area where it lands to see if something is there. Well, I looked around in my closet and found a brightly colored tennis ball. I then went to our city park where I knew there would be lots of things to find in the ground. I threw the tennis ball as hard as I could throw it and then searched the area immediately around where it landed. Thus far I have thrown my tennis ball in the air 24 times. Guess what guys, out of 24 times, I detected 18 items with my Metal detector.

Now, don’t go away skeptics, this story gets even better. I also have a set of some brass L- shaped folding pocket dowsing rods that I bought off the Internet. You know, the kind that you can fold up and put in your pocket. They are very handy things. Well, I ALSO dowsed using them 24 times (got to be fair and even about this you know). Well guess what guys, out of 24 times dowsing with L-Rods, I detected 21 targets.

Lets see now, if I understand or have this right, 21 out of 24 hits means using my handy dandy L-Rods I got an 87.5% performance where by throwing a tennis ball in the air, as Carl-NC suggests, I got only a 75% performance and all sessions were in the same area/s and a one for one attempt. I also took extra effort and care to make sure while standing still that I covered / scanned the entire area around ground zero out as far as my detectors length would reach.

Now the last time I looked, a win by an inch is as good as a mile. A runner coming in 1/10 of a second slower is not the winner. A swimmer coming in 1/10 of an inch slower is not the winner. So, it must follow then that an 87.5% performance dowsing with L-Rods against 75% performance from throwing a tennis ball in the air means dowsing wins the prize. If this is not correct, please explain why.

For sure, dowsing a winner. No question about it.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
If you want a better laugh, go throw it in a corn field. Stop before you hurt your shoulder.

My last results-- 10 golf balls w/15 ft scan each---0 Rods---- 2 hits @ 700 and 900 ft.

I was told however, that something was under the balls, just deeper than I could detect. How far is China?

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006
[mod] TERMS VIOLATION!!

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.
[/mod]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread