about 99% certain that this is a prehistoric tool.

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today after a couple of days of very heavy rain. It's made from the same material as the Morrow Mountain points that I found and was found in the exact same spot. Aside from the awesome feeling while holding it (due to its even weight, size and shape), it is evenly tapered on one end, making it a perfect scraping tool. Look close (sorry for the cell phone camera photo) and you can see what seem to be very work flaking marks in the front and side areas. The marks are also easy to feel and run in the direction of back to front. Knowing that it could well be a geofact (though its the first of this description that I have found there), please don't hesitate to give me your honest opinions. I have come to far now and found to many great items to be offended by the truth :wink: What do you think?

Attachments

• April Tool1.jpg
    April Tool1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 354
  • April tool2.jpg
    April tool2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 339
  • April tool3.jpg
    April tool3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 350
  • April tool4.jpg
    April tool4.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purdy. I would say that whoever had it, prized it for its color. He probably said "hey lets use my scraper" and would then whip it out just to show it off. May not have been perfect but sure was pretty in the sun. I say tool but then I have been corrected many times. :icon_scratch:

TnMountains

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am-ark said:
I would love to see some better quality pics of it!

That is on my to do list. Tonight I have to attend a Scout meeting with the kids but tomorrow, I will take better photos of it. Thanks :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread