Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the vendors here are good. I bought mine from Keith at Fort Bedford Detecters, and he was great, and gave me a great deal. He was very prompt at responding to my emails and we even talked on the phone. He did not pressure me at all and was glad to answer my stupid questions.
One on one service is very important to me and Keith is top notch.
I have the stock coil as well as the small one, and hope to get the big one at some point.
Good luck with your purchase. It's a great machine.

PS. Read the other half of the book, then read it a couple more times. It's the gospel!
HH, RN

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies... Great prices, service and fast shipping. I have bought 4 detectors from him and always got the best price.
Your going to love the CTX :)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I'm sure you know, msrp is a long ways away from the true selling price. And as others have said, there are lots of very good dealers out there; and imo they are all close in price, probably not more than $100 apart. Contact several at least and see which one you form the best personal relationship with. A good dealer can be an invaluable GoTo source and many/most of them offer free lifetime (of the detector) aftersale advice/consulting.
(it never hurts to buy other accessories at the same time you buy a detector to save at least the shipping on them but don't be fooled by throwins that are basically junk. ).

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second Fort Bedford Metal Detectors.
I've bought two Detectors and several accessories from Kieth and he has beat everyones price on my deals , he is easy to work with , has all the answers.
Just my 2 cents
BT

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 17" coil is great for beach and wet sand coverage. Not so great to swing under water however. You've got your Excal for that though! :laughing7:

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 17" also.
It can be a bit heavy , but if your in an area that you dig targets on a regular basis it's all good.
You get to set the machine down and recover your target and move on to the next one.
If your in a spot that you don't get to stop and dig every now and then a harness maybe in order.
BT

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much I can add to the above other then Good Luck and hope she finds you much treasure!

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also enjoyed my discussion and purchase experience from Keith at Fort Bedford. Not pushy and very easy to talk to.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
call DENNIS at METALDETECTORS.COM he will beat any price quote out there, great guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread