About to order some new headphones, finally.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer B Wasp Optimas. The research I've done suggests they are about the best you can get aside from the Ratphones, and we all know they are no longer avaliable. Should be a bit of an improvement over my generic, cheesy headphones that don't cover my ears completely, and for 130 bucks, they'd better be! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I bought a set of Killer B's back in 2010...one of the best investments I have made in this hobby.
Unless your head is huge pretty comfortable, not to hot for me in the heat of summer and keeps my ears nice and warm on colder winter days.
The sound and tones on all my detectors is excellent, a Compadre, a Vaq, an F2 and an F70.
Using detectors that have no volume control that feature comes in handy.
I can still hear people talking to me with them on but the amount of noise they cut out compared to all my other cheaper pairs or ear buds I have used in the past makes for a remarkable experience.
That less noisy room of sound makes it easy to hear the deeper ones and helps to hear those tiny inflections and differences in all sounds, combinations, spills, masked targets and more.

I sometimes use some pretty high noisy and chattering settings but when digging the noise gets to me so using that limiter switch is a quick and efficient way to turn it all off when I dig and right back on again when I get up and hunt.

Can't say enough good things about my experience with this brand.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
yes, killer B's have crisp good sound. Good for if your detector has a lot of tones, and a "growling" type of threshold, etc....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I put a pair of Killer B's on my Amazon Christmas List, but I may need to buy them myself! The Koss ones which came with my CTX are okay. But with those 28 frequencies maybe a richness in sound might give me more info before I dig!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread