Absurd Oak Island Math - Is the Entire Show a Hoax?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the technology and maps of 1300 or even 1600 I doubt even the most skilled navigator could select and hit a location 3,000 miles away and get within 10 miles. It's preposterous to think such an exercise would have even been considered necessary.

Its easy for us now - but then there were no chronometers and longitude was pretty much by guess and by golly. 2 or 3 degrees was acceptable and all that was expected of the navigators. Lets say the Templars or whoever were twice as good as the Royal Navy. Accuracy to 1 degree. 60 minutes of angle. Over 3,000 miles (Paris to Halifax) that translates to a margin of error of 52 miles

But then the whole concept of constructing a vault 100 ft underground in someone else's country to house something you ever wanted back is pretty outlandish.

The Nolan Cross has an extended base

Taking that course in direction you run into the Overton Stone on the coast near Yarmouth

Where there is a large mapped array of pictographs, and symbols that they already went to look at, but refused to show the cross was used for direction to get there.....lol.....it's a map of the coastline of Lake Champlain.

YarmouthIntervale.jpg

The left wing of the cross on Oak Island apparently points at New Ross?

Them following the cross to the Louvre or Paris, would be something that they should have noted with the Poussin and Tenier collections there in the Richelieu Wing of the museum describing the other movements to Acadia that were made. Each of their collections hold a hidden map and landmarks showing a piece of the puzzle that was made.

Another note of the Nolan Cross as a symbol of direction that was known at the time....the cross is shaped like a scale of measurement from Oak Island, to San Juan Onate, NM and onto the Superstitions. The wings or arms of the cross then reach to the southern most tip of James Bay in Canada and to the tip of Cape Hatteras in North Carolina. This was apparently the old Spanish mapping tool that was left on Oak Island and the idea proposed by the Archie that looked at the Overton Stone decided that it was Portuguese or Spanish of origin as well.

Spanish Cross Nolan Cross Extended San Juan Onate Superstitions.jpg

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok apparently I commented on the wrong thread. I thought we were going to have a light-hearted conversation about TV entertainment vs real treasure hunting. This has gotten wayyy toooo weird for me.
Unsubscribed.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I said 1/10,000th of an Arc Degree, not 1/10,000th of an Arc Second. And that will get you within 360 feet. I located the Garden of Eden last night. I saw Adam & Eve, Abel & Cain and also Seth. I am making discoveries that our scientist will never find. They are trapped in their little boxed world. I bet you can not even tell me which hand Cain killed Abel with?
1/10,000 deg, I stand corrected on that point however it makes no difference, 1/10,000 deg is 2.777 arc sec which would have required an instrument with an accuracy of 0.0003mm such an instrument did not exist in Henry Sinclair's time.
which is 0.00001181102 inches.
as for the last part of your post, it does not even warrant a serious response, smh

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/10,000 deg, I stand corrected on that point however it makes no difference, 1/10,000 deg is 2.777 arc sec which would have required an instrument with an accuracy of 0.0003mm such an instrument did not exist in Henry Sinclair's time.
which is 0.00001181102 inches.
as for the last part of your post, it does not even warrant a serious response, smh

With your 2.777 arc seconds of latitude translates to 277.7 feet on the ground.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
With your 2.777 arc seconds of latitude translates to 277.7 feet on the ground.
Show me your math work
not that it would matter, as I posted this accuracy was not possible in Sinclair’s time, the argument is moot

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This math was possible and the instruments were possible even 20,000 years ago.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
20, 000 years ago is the Upper Palaeolithic- the Old Stone Age. Did they make the instruments out of flint?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Three early civilizations that used math and basic instruments:
Mesopotamian 6500-539 BCE
Ancient Egyptian 3150- 30BCE
Ancient Greece 2700- 479BCE
Franklin, who and where were math and instruments possible 20,000 years ago?
Is this from your "BOOK OF SECRET HISTORY" that no one else has access?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is ridiculous. There is nothing else that I can say without insulting you, so I will say nothing.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is ridiculous. There is nothing else that I can say without insulting you, so I will say nothing.

Alan M: You do realize that the INSTRUMENTS franklin is referring to are of alien origin and are currently buried under jfk’s tomb in Arlington National Cemetery...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the instruments are not "alien" The instruments were made by man long before the "Iceage" Have you seen maps of Antarctica before the frozen ice pack covered it? Man is making a come back from disaster of almost being wiped out from the face of the Earth. But mankind was more intelligent in the other World. Debris from "Osiris" caused the "Deluge" and almost destroyed all mankind.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan M: You do realize that the INSTRUMENTS franklin is referring to are of alien origin and are currently buried under jfk’s tomb in Arlington National Cemetery...
I did not, but thank you for reminding me, I often just assume a certain level of knowledge when reading post, I must be more careful.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For those here who may have an interest in early surveying I recommend this book.

Surveying Instruments: their history, by Edmond R. Kiely, PhD

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No the instruments are not "alien" The instruments were made by man long before the "Iceage" Have you seen maps of Antarctica before the frozen ice pack covered it? Man is making a come back from disaster of almost being wiped out from the face of the Earth. But mankind was more intelligent in the other World. Debris from "Osiris" caused the "Deluge" and almost destroyed all mankind.
Osiris missed a few specific lineages it would appear.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You should start a new treasure legend thread for whatever Osiris is....obviously nothing to do with the hoax of oak island.

Perhaps we’ll see a new fictional production from the laginas.....”curse of Osiris on the island of Antarctica”.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoax of oak island narrator: “what’s that? could it be? Atlantis decoded via bacon/beale secret cypher ring actually means Osiris...

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
It's all very simple folks; If you think the entire idea of something valuable ever buried at Oak Island is a hoax, then switch to another program. Why continually debate it?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No the instruments are not "alien" The instruments were made by man long before the "Iceage" Have you seen maps of Antarctica before the frozen ice pack covered it? Man is making a come back from disaster of almost being wiped out from the face of the Earth.
But mankind was more intelligent in the other World. Debris from "Osiris" caused the "Deluge" and almost destroyed all mankind.
??? Is this also from that mysterious "BOOK OF SECRET HISTORY" that only you seem to have knowledge?
To what "other World" do you refer? :icon_scratch:
Without supporting documentation, this is NOT credible information.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Is this also from that mysterious "BOOK OF SECRET HISTORY" that only you seem to have knowledge?
To what "other World" do you refer? :icon_scratch:
Without supporting documentation, this is NOT credible information.

Debris from "Osiris" caused the "Deluge" and almost destroyed all mankind.

I believe that would refer to the World before the "Deluge." What do you think? And for the others: Osiris is one of the asteroid belts with the most "red" stones as those stones are what hit the Earth and caused the "Deluge" or the Flood that covered 1/3 of the Earth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread