Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son was about four and in trouble all of the time. He got into everything and tore up things every time I turned around. Now there was a difference between taking something apart to see how it worked and just tearing it up. He had a destructive side along with a denial side. We lived out in the country and he had energy to burn, I just wished that it could have been used in a better manner. I came home from work one day to see almost every tree close to the house had been hacked on something fierce. All had been hacked very low to the ground, a very good evidence that someone very short, say maybe a 4 year old had done this crime. I had to find out what he had used to do this with and was afraid that he might have cut himself as well. His mother had been inside all day and never checked on him other than yelling out the door.

As I angrily walked around, I found the instrument of destruction over on the ground by the big oak tree. He had found the machete and gone wild with it. So I took a moment and calmed down and then located him. David was for some reason, taking a nap. I could only assume that he wore himself out with all of that hacking and had to sleep. I got him up and took him outside and we walked from tree to tree as I pointed to the obvious damage and asked him as to who had done such a thing. David started of with total denial of any knowledge but then I showed him the machete and the evidence of the bark etc still on his clothes. He slowly looked back up to me and said, "Well....it was accidentally on purpose."

Turned out he had been watching a cartoon of He Man of the Universe and He Man had chopped somethings up with his sword. I gave him a light spanking and then fixed him up with a board with about thirty nails started in it. I gave him a small hammer and told him to bang away to his heart's delight on the nails and nothing else. He did this for about six or eight nails and then got tired of it. Several years later, I found that hammer stuck in a tree. He got his butt busted on a regular basis it is hard to believe that he has the job that he has now plus he has a 3 year old and a five year old, both boys, both just like him LOL.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your son sounds a lot like me as a kid, and my dad always told me I would "have to pay for your raising". It wasn't till I had my first kid that I started to realize exactly what he meant, and the he was right. Except I'm pretty sure I'm paying for my brother's raising too.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your son sounds a lot like me as a kid, and my dad always told me I would "have to pay for your raising". It wasn't till I had my first kid that I started to realize exactly what he meant, and the he was right. Except I'm pretty sure I'm paying for my brother's raising too.

My son's in laws asked me if the two grandsons acted like he did as a kid, I just smiled as they destroyed a toy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sounds like me as well the youngest of 5 I bet he had a blast as a kid. the funny part is all the stuff he did that you never found out about lol Great post

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's sounds like me as well the youngest of 5 I bet he had a blast as a kid. the funny part is all the stuff he did that you never found out about lol Great post

there are probably still tools out in the woods around that house, he finally realizes what it means to have someone wade thru his things. I heard him griping about finding something in the dirt outside that needed to be inside, yep, ruined. I smiled again, it will get worse. I had him to cut his own switch one time, dead rotten one....he didn't like the one I cut

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is hilarious seeing him go through the same thing . Go to his place when hes not home and hack some of his trees lol that would be funny!!!!!!!Happy Holidays to you and yours my Friend Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions