Accutron for $6.98

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. You really got a great watch there.

I went to a guys house today to look at some things he's collected over the years and wanted to sell. He offered me $400 for the watch. Said he's always wanted one in his collection and has never seen one before. He's older so doesnt have access to the Internet I guess. Needless to say I kept the watch. That was the 2nd offer of the day on it...

He said he had a space view one. But wasn't interested in showing anything. So I just left it at that.

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch. What confuses me is position of the logo and the two Accutron names on the watch dial. Am I seeing things.

I'm comparing . And it's a lot different then the others. It doesn't have the same end on the second had either. And it does have the 2nd accutron on dial. The first is like embedded within the crystal not on the dial? Watch guy said its real??? Could it be a knock off?

This is fun I like answering my own questions. It's not the same one because this is a 1969. The other ones are 1970 so they're different. With that said I have no idea why the Accutron symbol with the name is in the glass it's not a sticker and you can tell by looking at the side it's like inside the Crystal. I have no idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm comparing . And it's a lot different then the others. It doesn't have the same end on the second had either. And it does have the 2nd accutron on dial. The first is like embedded within the crystal not on the dial? Watch guy said its real??? Could it be a knock off?

This is fun I like answering my own questions. It's not the same one because this is a 1969. The other ones are 1970 so they're different. With that said I have no idea why the Accutron symbol with the name is in the glass it's not a sticker and you can tell by looking at the side it's like inside the Crystal. I have no idea.

It is real. The crystal was probably replaced. The original probably had just the logo on the crystal or nothing. It looks like the others on eBay have plain crystals and no logo on the dial. The logo was on the back end of the second hand which was probably replaced too. See pic of eBay sold auction of non working one. I would have taken the $400 but that is just me. That was a fair value in its current condition. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469711559.474946.jpg

Last edited:

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should post some of my recent finds! I will soon but dang I love that Accutron Beachkid! The only Accutron I have is from my Great Grandpa who got it from working for over 30 years at Boeing! Has a little Boeing presentation plane symbol on the dial.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's probably in the crystal..actually?....I'd bet on it!! Someone may have changed it at one point or could even be factory, I don't know all details of the years anymore...If he said it's real it probably is!! Their are so many different variations out there and even some built by guys in the hobby.....We would look for those type crystals when making "Spaceviews" out of factory parts we could find even cut dials on the lathe for the outside rim.......So yes!! I know for a fact, There are a lot of home built "spaceviews" out there!:laughing7:

Great thread with some great watches!! Great saves!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread