Garrett ACE 250, GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can stand the anticipation, read "some" of the manual...ok, I know you won't but just a note. You will love it. When mine was due to arrive, i drove around town looking for the UPS truck..lol Let us know how you do on the test drive and congrats.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing is to go out in the yard put some coins down and get a feel for it learn the sounds learn how to pinpoint with it good luck keep us posted

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There used to be some good videos here that covered a lot of info. Haven't tried to watch any in a while, I'm on dial up, so it takes 3 days to get today's news to load. I do know you will have fun with the Ace.

Best of luck,
Bill

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good starter machine. I would suggest... log your results. Not the finds but at least the settings for the finds. When you make a good find, log the settings and try to duplicate the finds. Success breads success! Put in at least 100 hours, like the manual says. The SOUND is more important than the display. And having fun is the most important. Good luck! TTC

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
TerryC is absolutely right!!! Put in at least 100 hours. Go to Youtube and type in "coin popping". The ACE 250 is good right out of the box but even better with 100 hours of experience on it. Look up my name and read some of my past posts. Also try crazyjarhead. He's great with the 250 and large coil. The finds from my ACE bought me my Garrett Propointer, a sniper coil, a Tesoro Vaquero, another Garrett ProPointer, and a bunch of misc. stuff related to detecting.

If your hitting local parks, learn the art of CHERRY PICKING! I was at a park that had a huge family event one evening. The next morning I was digging a clad penny that was 5 inches deep and in pretty bad shape when some kids were walking by me about 10' away and stopped and picked up a huge pocket spill of quarters!!! Now...I cherry pick a place first to get what's fallen close to the top. I re-hunt it later to get the stuff that's deeper. You are really going to LOVE the ACE 250. Feel free to ask questions here or with a PM. There's tooooooooo much stuff to put here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread