ace 250 came today

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I put it all together and read the manual. Tried it out in my kitchen and livingroom. The thing says there is pennies, dimes, quaters, half dollars and dollard 4-6" under my floor. now I will say anything is possible since mt floor is concrete but I highly doubt it. my question is do I get a jackhammer or just go outside? maybe there is a ton of junk under the cement or the wires in this old place are interfering.

mike

Upvote 0

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
I vote for outside !!!
Concrete and re-bar will give a nice hit plus throwing in the wiring, electrical and nails inside is a Garret dream come true. Unless you rent and have a easily swayed land lord cancel the jackhammer.

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I rent and the lanlord is a real *&!$@#*. I was leaning more towards outside. I am gonna give outside a shot for a few minutes even though the ground is about as hard as the floors.

mike

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I took it outside for a few minutes. I did not do any digging, I left the chisel and hammer in the toolbox, lol. I did get some good signals for coins like pennies and dimes and one really good signal in the pulltab nickel range so I moved the grass and snow a little and revealed the target, a crumopled piece of foil paper. pinpoint was dead on too. I will definitely do some digging in my yard when the ground thaws a bit.

mike

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My garrett ace should be coming anytime and I can't wait. Keep us updated on how well it works! Good luck

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
sara,
don't be surprized if it acts really iratic inside. I even turned it on with the coil unplugged and it was still giving signals inside. When I got it outside it worked great.

mike

J

Jim Cal

Glad you got your new Garrett Ace. Let us know about some of your finds once you've had a chance to get out with your new detector. Remember not to have the sensitivity set to high because you'll get lots of erratic sounds. Good luck! Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread