OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Cynangyl said:
yay!! sounds like you did mighty good for your first day with a new machine! Keep at it.....oh, and where are the pics?? :icon_scratch: Do you not understand the rules here? Hurry up and post pics then get back to your writing! :whip2: lol

Thanks - I guess I will have to MD is secrecy until I finis my book huh?

I will take pic of all my finds at the end of the week.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
lol naaah enjoy your metal detecting! :wink: Just anxious to see the book finished! :thumbsup:

;D ;

You will get one of the first copies.

geode97

Apr 27, 2008
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine this week, already found a quarter at the apt sand volleyball court, and am ready to join the ACE 250 Club. So hit me up next you are out on a weekend. I am in west Houston by the way. I can't wait to get some more swinging under my belt and finds in my pocket. Would luv to hit the coast too sometime.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Sounds good,

I have not had mine long. I carry it with me in the truck -

I have found.

- 12 Quarters
- 4 dimes
- probably 50 pennies
- 1 wheatie
- 1 small ring
- 1 gold necklace medallion
- Countless junk and pulltabs

It is really a great machine,

Dave and Chris on this board also have helped me out a bit with some pointers.

ZeroCool

May 26, 2008
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Shaw,
I'm new to the hobby and I just ordered my ACE 250 this week. (Next Monday can't come soon enough.) It looks like we live very close to each other and I'd love to find someone to head out with. I've been researching two spots and some company would be great or if you had a spot, that's great too. Let me know.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ZeroCool said:
Shaw,
I'm new to the hobby and I just ordered my ACE 250 this week. (Next Monday can't come soon enough.) It looks like we live very close to each other and I'd love to find someone to head out with. I've been researching two spots and some company would be great or if you had a spot, that's great too. Let me know.

I know your pain, seemed like forever to get here.

I have been to Del Rio, San A, Austin and Canyon Lake with mine and have had great luck. Once you get used the the settings its a breeze,

The Pull tabs will be your enemy but dig everything. I found a small silver ring doing so.

I have done some extensive research and have some new areas as well when I get a free day. I will PM you and we can hopefully do some digging soon.

dirtdevil2

Greenie
Apr 8, 2005
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Gerrett Ace 250 , Fisher CZ-20
I believe everyone should have an Ace 250, use it as a back up or a regular hunter. I always have mine in the car and it has dome more than pay for itself since Ive had it.. about six months. I have found coins, silver and gold. Its a Great Machine.
I hunt in Katy and Houston. Anybody want to go hunting sometime. I'm always ready.
Robert

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey

It may look silly but if you wrap the box in a ziplock freezer bag, your unti wont get ruined if you are caught in a heavy rain.

Larry

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
dirtdevil2 said:
Shower Cap with rubberbands works well.

I got stuck out in the rain a few weeks ago and my ace got drenched, I was kinda worried but nothing ever came of it.

I have thrown some shower caps in my hunting back pack just in case it happens again.

searchingforfun

Greenie
Oct 12, 2008
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I have ordered mine the last week and me and my father in law went to search some place to the west of Houston but we spent the day looking around and we only found fenced areas, so he had an idea to go to one house he owned and check in the back yard but we only found rusty metallic objects as nails, etc.
I gave him a ACE 150 to start hunting and he is exited, I have a ACE 250.
we are planning to go to north or near by Matagorda the next time.

Oct 20, 2008
Cypress, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi,
I just joined the forum and it is great to see other people who have the Garrett ace 250. I am ordering one from Kellyco later this week. I am in Northwest of Houston in Cypress. If anyone wants to meet up down at the beach in the next few weeks let me know. It is much more fun when going metal detecting with other people. Also, did you get the Garrett Environmental cover up that they make for the Ace 250? It should protect it from rain.
Thanks,
Dan

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
TREASUREHUNTERDAN said:
Hi,
I just joined the forum and it is great to see other people who have the Garrett ace 250. I am ordering one from Kellyco later this week. I am in Northwest of Houston in Cypress. If anyone wants to meet up down at the beach in the next few weeks let me know. It is much more fun when going metal detecting with other people. Also, did you get the Garrett Environmental cover up that they make for the Ace 250? It should protect it from rain.
Thanks,
Dan

Welcome aboard Dan, I think that you will really like your ACE, I have found many nice things with mine in a short period of time. I also learned the machine pretty quickly. Its a little squirrelly near the saltwater but other than that its been great. Hope to meet up with you sometime for a hunt.

Jason

T

The.Boomer

I've been hunting with The 250 for four years now, so if any of you need help or have questions feel free to pm me or post here. Who ever started this thread, an Ace Club is an excellent idea. :thumbsup: Since it is your idea, it would be cool if you could start a post in the Garret Forum here at T-Net. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,209.0.html

Oct 20, 2008
Cypress, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have a question about the Ace 250. If you were to find a crushed soda can and it gets a reading under a dime or I'm not sure where it would fall under (maybe you can tell me). Then you hit the reject notch. After that, will you still be able to pick up something under that same dime reading or will it ignore everything uder the dime reading?
Thank you,
Dan

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, You won't pick up anything else other than the can. You will have to dig it to get it out the way or move on to another spot. The mere size of the can will dominate the signal return....or at least that is my findings.

T

The.Boomer

You guys need to spend just a little more time reading and analyzing what the Ace is telling you on it's digital display. If it is saying you have a dime at say 8", that would be highly unlikely. That would more likely be a larger piece of metal that when taken all to gether and analyzed the machine says it has just enough of this particular type of metal to be a dime but since the signal is weak it must be 8" deep. It is only accurate on a dime up to 4" deep and even that is only about 75% of the time. There's lots of variables that the machine is working with when analyzing a target, Swing speed, mineralization of the soil, moisture content, metal content, signal strength, etc....and so on. So a dime at 4" is still pretty good. Quarters can also be tricky because of the metal content size etc.... These machines are designed to find the precious metals, there fore silver anything will be rock solid in it's assigned place on the readout. For instance a Silver dime at 4" will ring out and be rock solid in the dime slot. But in some cases a clad dime at two inches may ring up as a Penny.

So take your time to really study what the readout is saying, and then compare that to what your actually digging. Make notes if you need to. Once you get good at understanding how your machine is reading and behaving in the soils around where you hunt frequently go somewhere new and you'll see it completely changes. But as you get to know this stuff, the sooner you'll be able to say oh it's ringing like silver but jumping from pull tab to dime, that means shredded can ! :wink:

trixster

Nov 4, 2007
Mount Savage Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I bought 2 ACE 250's awhile back me and the wifey like to get out with them we find lots of clad . Also having 2 of them makes it easier to find a MD'ing buddy when she doesn't wanna go .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread