Ace 250 coils

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
They have a 9 x 12 you can buy and it works good. Makes the detector top heavy but it works well. I try not to use it to often cause alot of my areas i hunt in are very trashy.

LT

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a SEF butterfly search coil for my ace 250. As of right now the only place you can get them is from the UK, although there are companies here in the US that sell these coils for other brands like Whites and Minelab. I was pretty scared about doing this but am now very glad I took the chance. It cost me just under $300 and it's 11 x 14. It only took about 2 weeks to get it which shocked me. I have been using it now for about 3 weeks and love it as I have had much success. The only complaints that I have is that it's very heavy and leaves your wrist a little sore, it might help if I used the arm strap but I never do. Also that pin pointing is not always very accurate. I do not work for any company related to metal detecting what so ever, I work for an insurance company. I have just tried to do as much research on these before I purchased mine. I hope this helps.
One last thing, I think the companies here in the US should add these to their inventory as there are more people with Ace 250's then any other that I know of because of the affordable price and quality which would boost the sales (in my opinion).

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the big coils tend to throw off the 250's balance making the a bit of a pain to use --- however for big open less trashy areas where you want to cover more ground faster and get a very slight depth increase say 1 -2 inches --use the 9 x 12 coil --- I however like to use the small sniper coil alot -- in tight trashy areas it will sort thru the trash better--- a bigger coil in a trashy spot often picks up on more that one signal -- and displays the "bigger one" --- this can lead to masking --good targets hidden by nearby junk ---with a smaller coil less overall ground is hunted giving better target "seperation" --than a bigger coil would. :wink:

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a mistake, my coil is actually 15 x 12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread