Ace 250 confusion on scale

H

Holly_squirrel

When your detecting what registers on the high end? I basically relic hunt, but of course will take any coins or jewlery I can find. I find the only reliable readings are the coins and the iron icons. Everything else seems to be a gamble. The 5 cent, pull tab, foil... Also seems to reliably detect junk. Most relics bounce from iron to gold to the high end of the scale. But I'm having a hard time figuring out that high scale .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The high end you describe is any item that is more conductive like silver coins or jewelry. Not necessarily valuable items, just more conductive. Crinkled foil can read anywhere as it is the top surface you are reading.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your detector is just giving you a best guess. That guess is based on the conductivity of the target, the size of the target and the shape of the target. Odd shapes or crumpled and bent targets give very erratic signal returns.

clf_02

May 7, 2012
Natchez, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used the ace 250 before I got my AT pro. I will tell you this...small lead balls and bullets register between $.05 and pulltab. Also small brass objects and alot of buttons do. On the high end most silver coins register on the five notches from the right end except the last one. The very last highest notch is usually a $.25 of or something close to the surface or something large. I recommend digging any repeatable signal between $.05 and the end.

clf_02

May 7, 2012
Natchez, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My father dug a confederate Mississippi infantry button that registered pulltab on the Ace 250. I have dug numerous small billets and balls. Also I dug one piece button that were pre civil war and the part off a musket that was attached to the barrel that the ram rod would slide through. All of these items were between $.05 and pulltab. Also for your info a three ringer always shows up one notch under a $.01 on my Ace 250.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

clf_02 said:
I used the ace 250 before I got my AT pro. I will tell you this...small lead balls and bullets register between $.05 and pulltab. Also small brass objects and alot of buttons do. On the high end most silver coins register on the five notches from the right end except the last one. The very last highest notch is usually a $.25 of or something close to the surface or something large. I recommend digging any repeatable signal between $.05 and the end.

Hey thanks! I just saw your post. Very helpful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread