ACE 250 detector, $178 on AAFES website (PX/BX)

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Attention military members
Anyone who still can buy items from AAFES (PX/BX) online should know that the ACE 250 metal detector is available through AAFES for only $178, cheapest I have ever found. There is a shipping restriction for continental US, should you be stationed somewhere outside the US. However, if you are near a BX/PX order this item through customer service using the tran-shipment method that will ship the detector to the store (free shipping). These items are dropped shipped from the factory so it does take a couple weeks.

http://www.aafes.com/

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! No tax!

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this mean its ok to use the MD on military bases? My son-in-law is in the Marines and Id love to teach my grandson how to use and MD when I go to visit this week. If I need pemission, who do I ask ?

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Dang it! I wish I knew this a bit earlier; I just bought an Ace 250.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
Does this mean its ok to use the MD on military bases? My son-in-law is in the Marines and Id love to teach my grandson how to use and MD when I go to visit this week. If I need pemission, who do I ask ?

Usually you can just MD without asking anyone. But to play it safe, I would go ask the MP's.

OP
OP

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Well my ACE 250 has already made some great finds and couple friends also ordered some. As for asking pernission. Asking the MPs is best but tell them " I will be on post looking for some coins with my metal detector, just letting you know" that way if a patrol car calls in to their HQ they can let them know.
Good luck

P.S. wearing your military ID on the clear armband holder helps inform people that you are with the military (you belong there).

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was stationed on Camp Lejeune my platoon went to something like a Base museum (or maybe it was the EOD shop - I don't remember) but they had a ton of old cannon balls, 3 ringers and what not on display. I would say to not just go out and detect without getting permission, I would start by asking the Co. Commander to detect around that barracks. I doubt he will get permission to detect out in the woods but you never know but for that I would definitely ask at least the the Bat. Sgt Major or the Bat CO. I don't see why they would deny him from MD'ng as they want people to get out of the barracks and he could argue that MD'ng is good training.

I didn't MD as a hobby when I was in but once me and a few of my buddies asked our Company CO if we could have some rope to build a rope bridge on the weekend, he ordered up 2" thick rope, 2 big spools and our Co Gunny came out and wanted in on the project. It was fun and it got us out of the barracks, you never know unless you ask.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasureFiend said:
When I was stationed on Camp Lejeune my platoon went to something like a Base museum (or maybe it was the EOD shop - I don't remember) but they had a ton of old cannon balls, 3 ringers and what not on display. I would say to not just go out and detect without getting permission, I would start by asking the Co. Commander to detect around that barracks. I doubt he will get permission to detect out in the woods but you never know but for that I would definitely ask at least the the Bat. Sgt Major or the Bat CO. I don't see why they would deny him from MD'ng as they want people to get out of the barracks and he could argue that MD'ng is good training.

I didn't MD as a hobby when I was in but once me and a few of my buddies asked our Company CO if we could have some rope to build a rope bridge on the weekend, he ordered up 2" thick rope, 2 big spools and our Co Gunny came out and wanted in on the project. It was fun and it got us out of the barracks, you never know unless you ask.
I detected Paradise Point on Lejeune and never had a problem when the MP's drove by. Now WPT field I think would have been a different story. Would have been a great place to go. It was a huge tent city in WWII so I heard. Mp's would be the best bet for permission although MP's dont patrol Lejeune anymore. I think its DoD police now. At least that is who is standing guard at the gates. Or Government contractors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread