Ace 250 Finds

GPSOkie

Sep 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello everyone. Just a quick intro...I've been detecting since the mid-70's when my parents got me a Radio Shack detector for my birthday. I didn't really get serious about detecting until the late 90's when it became my primary hobby. I've used Bounty Hunter, Whites, Tesoro, and Garrett detectors. I dropped out of detecting about 3 years ago due to medical issues. At the time, I had been using an Ace 250 that I had bought when they were released. I used to participate on another forum as "Steve in OK" and belonged to Indian Territories Treasure Hunting Club. I also ran the "Detecting Tulsa" website. Over the last year, my health greatly improved and I started missing detecting pretty bad so I bought a new Ace 250 (love this detector) four days ago. I have hit two parks and started working my yard over in between work and family stuff. The parks have yielded the usual clad assortment but I have had a blast with my yard. My house was built in 1952 so I figured it might hold some silver and wheaties if it hadn't been detected in the past (only been in the house two years now so I don't know the history).

I started a systematic grid search and I'm pretty sure that it has not been detected yet. I'm sorting through the usual junk like pull tabs, wire, foil, and such. About 1/4 of the front yard is done and already I have found a 1952 Rosie, 2 wheats (1944 and 1951), a 1953 Belgium 20 centimes piece, a 1903-1953 50 year Ford medallion, and lots of clad. Most of it has been within 2-4 inches of the surface with a good signal with the exception of the Belgium coin that was at about 6 inches. I had forgotten how much I love this hobby. Anyways, it's great to be back in the swing of things and nice to see some familiar faces! I've had a great time here this last week just reading everyone's post and seeing all the great finds. Here are some of my finds from my yard yesterday. The medallion, wheats, centimes, and silver dime are all on the top row. The Rosie is in VF condition.

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 357

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. The ACE250 is a great little machine. I think they are way under priced for the job they do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread