ace 250/ gtax550/ 1350/1500

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
im still new to this and was wondering what advantages do these have over each other and what would better suit me like i said i am new but dont wanna buy one for 250.00 then realize i should have bought a differant one for a few more dollors. i live in nc and this is where id mostly use it maybe some in va and not much at the beach but some once or twice a year mostly relic and coin hunting. i guess most of all are the more expincive one realy worth the money and if you were new what one would you buy that will last and wont be outdated in a year or two yeah and i dont wanna pass over a hole lot of stuff and someone with a walmart special come behind me and find what i didnt thanks for your time and info happy hunting

G

Grayghost54

Dragon, I was in your shoes a few months ago and one thing I can say is read, read , read these forums. They are invaluable and you wll meet wondeful people who have years if not centuries of experience. I got a Garrett ACE 250 and a Bounty Hunter 3300 for my wife. I have the pleasure of having different types, styles and featured machine at my disposal from friends. I know it will get frustrating sometimes but comfort, ease of use and just the smile factor will tell you which on is for you. I continue to pickup the ACE 250 over the others just because it will do / find anything I care to bring home and clean. Garrett 1350-1500 will be my next purchase (soon) because wife see's me take the ACE and she has her eye on it. Buy used ( if treated well ) and save for the ultimate machine. But best of all, you will get the right one I'm sure then you can enjoy the hobby that will someday allow you to find RICHES....and foil, tabs, copper wire, pop bottle tops ...hahahaha. Any help we can afford in your venture let me know. On this forum most everyday some time or another..

Grayghost54

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dragon, as with cars, they all get you where you wanna go but some bring you there with a bigger smile. That smile comes at a higher cost $$$. The 250 is a great machine and well worth the price. The 1500 is better yet and suited for all types of hunting but nuggets and underwater.

The advice to read all you can from the manufactures web sites is a good one. Only you can determine which detector of the many that are offered is the best one for you. Not everyone needs a top of the line detector. Those that can afford it do buy the top of the line when a more moderate one would work better for them.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread