Ace 250 in drizzle rain

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would at the least put a clear plastic bag over the control box and tape it up really well.
I had a cover from Garrett for mine but just for safety measures I took two small silicon packets (the kind you find in new electronic equiptment boxes that say "Do not eat")
and attached them to the right and left sides of the inside battery cover with a thin piece of tape. They are for absorbing moisture and can be reused if wet by putting them in a warm dry place like out in the sun on a hot day or by a heater.

OP
OP
Durham Digger

Durham Digger

Jul 5, 2012
Durham, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking 6DX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, thats a really good idea. Would never of thought about using them little packets. :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you tape it tight condensation will form and damage it just like the rain. Cover controls but leave an opening on the bottom that the rain can not get to.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
If you tape it tight condensation will form and damage it just like the rain. Cover controls but leave an opening on the bottom that the rain can not get to.

I did not mention that but I must agree with Treasure_Hunter.. He is correct, leave an opening on the bottom.

OP
OP
Durham Digger

Durham Digger

Jul 5, 2012
Durham, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking 6DX
Primary Interest:
Other
I will do thanks. Don't fancy buying a cover if I can use a good old plastic bag lol. forecast for rain again today so I'll try this out, thanks again lads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread