Ace 250 internal pictures?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Didn't take pics, but I can tell you it's a very simple affair and nothing is going to fall apart if you open it up. It's basically the circuit board which has the speaker cable attached to it from the back (You can unattach it) and the front of the board has the button/rubber part to it. It's not a configuration that is at risk for damage if opened. Trust me, it's cake. I say open 'er up and see for yourself. My only concern would be static.........so wear a wrist strap or grab your computer's power supply or whatever technique you know to get the static off.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Remove the jamb nuts off of the coil and phone jack. Then remove the two screws under the battery cover. Then it will come apart. Then you'll see two wires from the speaker connected to the board. Push on the spring loaded tabs to remove the wires. Then there are 2 plastic clips that hold the board to the front. Press on those two clips to remove the board. Why do you want to look in there?

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
There is not a volume pot in there. Are you wanting to add one? If so there is very limited room for any volume mods in there. I would suggest an inline volume control from Radio Shack.

OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
khouse said:
There is not a volume pot in there. Are you wanting to add one? If so there is very limited room for any volume mods in there. I would suggest an inline volume control from Radio Shack.
I am aware that there is not a volume pot. I was hoping to get a look inside, before opening a brand new unit. I have access to a large inventory of components. I intend on installing a pot, I will be using different headphones at different times. That is why I want a pot in the unit itself.
Basically, I'm a "modifier", not because I have to..but, because I want to...it's a sickness.
Beagle

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I have the same sickness. The pot mod for the mounted speaker will be easy. But adding one for the headphone will be a tough one.
This is a picture of my pinpoint trigger.

Attachments

• DSCF1015.JPG
    DSCF1015.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 409
OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
khouse,
I saw and liked the "trigger" mod! If i may ask..where did you obtain the switch from? I already checked my inventory, and I don't have anything momentary on one side. Unfortunately, I might not be able to incorporate that mod. I might just toss a spst in the unit itself for leaving PP mode on.
Beagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions