cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about any detector will work in dry sand. Get a good scoop and dig anything that beeps!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its fine in the dry stsy far far away from the wet sand.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used it on the beach with my son...and we found stuff ( Sinkers, pulltabs, Soda cans, Beer caps)..But yes, you should have no problems

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll do great! As long as you're at a beach with some finds. Stay away from the water, she'll chatter.
Set it to jewelry, 2 or 3 notch down on sense (if I remember right), and go slow.
Your gold can show as possible pulltab, possibly bounce a little, but will be solid tone. Dig everything!
Your platinum's gonna sound like a nickel, again, you'll get to recognizing the tones, with more time on your machine.
I've had A LOT of good luck on the beach with ace250, you will too! Good luck and HH!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris your 250 will do fine on the beach if you stay away from the damp sand. Using it there it will be unstable and beep all the time when nothing is there. Dig everything as others have said and don't pay any attention to the screen. Especially dig it if you think its a pull tab. Ladies white gold rings may ring up as foil or low iron. Have fun and don't trip on the girls.

OP
OP
C

Chris819

Mar 9, 2013
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I cant wait 2 go. Where should I buy or make a scoop out of? Chris

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this is a one time beach hunt, then go to the dollar store and but a plastic pitcher and drill lots of holes in it. A big plastic ice scoop will work also.

If you are going to take up beach hunting, then buy a good one online.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, I hit Bondi Bch with a tea strainer, a flour sifter, and a soup spoon! :laughing7:
Sometimes, you gotta use what you got! And, my giant dredger don't travel well. Check and/or search the beach/shallow threads for scoop, scoop ideas. One fella found a 3 gallon plastic feeder(wasn't it) at Home Depot, drilled holes on it..... HH and let us know what all you find!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I cant wait 2 go. Where should I buy or make a scoop out of? Chris
I found that in the dry sand you can use your foot to recover a target faster than you can scoop it. Just move the sand with a sideways sweep of your foot and a lot of times you will see the target in a couple of swipes. Re scan the target and see if its still there or in the sand you moved. Pinpoint it and pick it out of the sand. You can recover targets really fast this way. You have to wear shoes or water boots.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned, you can try just about anything that will sift sand, on a temporary basis, but that will get old fast. A good quality scoop can cost more than your Ace so you'll have to decide how important it is to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread