Ace 250 or DFX(hopefully not as ridiculous as it sounds)

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I own the ace250, and have used the DFX. Personally, I don't recommend either for your situation. The 250 is an excellent entry level machine that will serve purpose to the user even as he progresses into the intermediate stages. It's a good machine among it's competitors, but as you try to use it for more than beginner level purposes, you'll begin to discover the areas it lacks in. Depth, audio, proper target ID, falsing, ground balancing, tolerance of salt and mineralization, all-metal mode, etc... The DFX addresses all these areas where the ace 250 leaves you wanting, but so do other makes and models, some even more-so than the DFX. You aren't going to find coins with many detectors at 18". If you are finding harmonica reeds and the like near the property, then I suspect there is plenty of good stuff to find near the top. The 250 would do ok for that. There are so many models out there the best thing you can do is read and decide what factors are most important for you, then find out what detector is the very best at those factors and shop for that one. Then read and re-read the directions and use it, like it or not, for at least 40 accumulated hours before making a judgement call.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread