Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Ace 250, Vibra-Probe 560
Upvote 0

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
As much as I'm not impressed with either machine, for a fact, the Ace 250 will find a gold stud earring a lot easier and deeper than an x-terra 30.

A tesoro Compadre $150 or a Silver uMax $212 will do a lot better job than either one of the aforementioned, count on it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many like the Ace 250 mainly because of the display, which lies to you anyway. Both these detectors are nice starters, but like Easy Money said, either the Compadre or Silver uMax will do the job easier and be one you won't need to upgrade from as you learn it.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I value Sandmans opinions very much, but one thing I know...I do like the display on the Ace...It will lie from time to time like any display..no matter what it costs. The main thing that comes in handy is that it will give you an approximate depth...and that doesn't miss too many times. If it says it is 2-4 inches, it will be at that depth..I have used the Tejon several times and dug holes a foot deep..with not much idea of what I was digging or how deep I was gonna have to go...Now, if you want to take a backhoe along..go with the others..Just my opinion from my experiences.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Well spoken Sandman..

All those toys on the Ace 250 can be a lot of fun though, can't they? Although my older Silver Sabre is a slight bit different than the above mentioned lower priced Tesoros the newer ones are actually a bit better for depth. I did very well finding silver rings, coins and jewelry with the older Silver Saber, it's best attribute, and probably the best attribute of the Silver uMax and Compadre too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread