Ace 250 Question

RitaPA.

Mar 14, 2009
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am currently detecting a site that has produced some nice finds.However it is extremely rocky.As of lately I am having a hard time finding the targets.I have the 250 set for coins and the sensitivity at 4 bars.I have found coins at this setting before but they were at 3"-5".Now that the targets appear to be deeper and the soil at this depth has big rocks I am having problems.I am wondering if the rocks might "bounce" the signal and throw it off.I might get a nice clear coin signal and it turns out that its junk such as lead or a 22 casing etc.I just can not figure out what is causing this.There is a lot of trash in this area but I have found some buffalos,a lot of wheats and some very nice brass items.This is a late 1800's early 1900's lumbering camp.From what I have found in this area so far I am certain there has to be some silver waiting for me to find.Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the "JEWELRY" mode...maybe some iron in the rocks and or ground making it unstable. It is my understanding the "jewelry" mode tends to reject iron. Sometimes I hunt coins in the "jewelry" mode as some older coins are either very worn or very small...let me know how how it works out!

Jim

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ACE 250 loves .22 hulls also. Try moving your cursor over to where they show up and discriminate them out. Of course you might lose some targets doing that too. Unfortunately you'll have that problem with most any detector. You'll just have to decide if you want to dig 'em all or not. Monty

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Big rocks= mineralization which means reduced depth & wrong IDs. Think my record depth with the Ace 250 is 4". HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions