Ace 250 Question

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Actually I have found 2 nickles one a clad and the other a war one but had a heck of a time getting those two don't remember what the reading was for them though

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
The problem with the nickels is that I think they are really trash. However, I still am digging plenty of them.
Found 2 today in the short time I was out. They were only clad, but I enjoyed seeing them come out of the hole. I think my 250 is a great little machine.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
might be your location....mine seems to be a nickel machine...makes me wonder if others have just passed them up or something. Five nickels would be a SLOW day with my ACE 250 and normal or sniper coil.

gordygroover

Sep 2, 2011
I asked the same question when I first started swinging a coil.
Got lots' of helpfull info on why nickles were the fewest coins in my pouch. You should never get more than one in any transaction. Automatically that lowers you odds. They sound different than other coins to the Ace. I can recognize the sound now but at first it was just such a shrill tone that I did pass by on some of them thinking they were trash.
I added a nickle to my test plot to keep myself honed in on their tone. Still find very few of them but there isn't that many in the ground compared to other denominations.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nickles and gold ring up the same to a ace 250 * -- the range for one is about the same for the other --

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ace 250 is a nickle hog, lol. the id is right on when i hit one, it does not move. when i hit a tab down around 3 or 4 '' i sound like a nickle but i get a little beep at the tail of the tab sound, with a nickle its solid. the little tone at the end of the first beep tells me nickle or tab. And frankly i hate pulltabs, as we all do. but the more you dig them the less they are. i work coins in the coin mode, nickle sound off clear, the jewlery setting is when i hit the beach and dig everything.

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha just when I thought my Ace was allergic to nickels I nailed two from the bucket list Libery V & a buffalo nickel!

glovas

Jan 18, 2011
Don't give up the Ace, mine loves dimes, especially barber dimes, I found my most valuable one was a 1903s

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed, generally, the higher the kHz of your detector, the more sensitive it is to nickels.

The lower it is, the more sensitivity to dimes and quarters.

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i had my ace 250 at a school the outher day.chery pickin coin mode notched out nickles and pennies and still found a46 nickle.i thought that was strange.iam new with this dector just some info take care
diver dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread