apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today when I went out to hunt, I entered the coin mode, set the sensitivity on 4 or 5, then set the discriminator to 10ct to dollar coin. Nine times out of ten when I heard the bing and the icon registered under the 10ct sign, I dug a one cent.

Also, when I turn on the detector, I thought I was suppose to hold the on button down for 5 or so seconds and it would revert back to factory mode. It does not. It reverts back to my previous mode.

I know it is the user (me) that is malfunctioning. I have only had my Ace 250 since Christmas. Any suggestions?

It was really wet outside today. Would that have been a factor? Not raining, just lots of muddy areas and wet spots.

apush

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
when learning the ace you should probably hunt in jewelry or all metal mode and dig everything till you know what it is telling you. I don't recall the reset option but I just set my using the mode button. The ace is not foolproof on its target identification. If it rings up on the dime it could be a penny or a variety of other things. Just dig it all and you never know what you will find. You have to dig alot of junk to get good stuff! good luck

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response. My response is: Thank goodness! I will dig everything and keep it in jmode.
I just feel peachy now!
apush :tongue3:

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
I still dig pennies in the dime range after three years with my Ace... :dontknow:

It is a real good machine, take cntrydancr's advice.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
The pre 1982 pennies normally ring as a dime. The post 82, zincolns, normally read as a penny. But Indian Heads also read as pennies.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mick--that was very, very helpful. Wrote it down on my little pad I pack along with me.
apush

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Pennies will show up as dime, but silver rings will show up as pennies or dimes. Keep it up and eventually the later will make up for the former, heh. I don't see why you would be wanting 'factory settings' every time you turn on the detector, just cycle to the preset you want or make a new one, easy enough. I would recommend watching the dvd that came in the box, it's pretty good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread