hrangelotti

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2013
tallahassee
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for all those ace 250 users out there... what is the likelyhood of penny signals being gold? i hunt tot lots and of course there are hundreds of pennies on playgrounds. i dig every signal above iron and my machine is dead on usually when it comes to pull tabs and pennies. i guess i'm impatient.. still waiting for that gold lol also am i missing anything if i notch out the two lowest iron signals? i don't dig those at all. just wondering??? thanks

Upvote 0

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first got my 350. I was watching the video that came with it. They mentioned about bench testing, I did this to become familiar with the certain tones the machine puts out. This is where I came up with my custom settings, so that everything but iron will sound off. I passed my gold ring over the coil to make sure it sounds off. Even got some of the wife's jewelry to make sure that sounds off as well. I have plenty of old pennies including steel pennies. None of them showed up as gold on the display. So far everything I found that registered on the display as gold, was a pull tab. But I still keep digging! Learning this now as I go, not everything that shows up as a coin is a coin. But so far everything that shows up as gold is not, yet!

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had gold come up as a penny signal. HOWEVER! I did dig a penny signal and got a nice 10g silver ring. So I keep digging those pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread