Ace 250 vs. Ace 250 PRO

kroche22

Greenie
May 11, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Newbie looking for info. Looking to get into MD. I see a lot of info about the Ace 250. What is the difference if any between the Ace250 and the Ace250 PRO.

Also I am looking for a general purpose machine. Fields, parks, woods, beach (not in the water). I have read the 250 is not the best at the beach. Would the ACE 250 fit this category? Is there another make/model in the Ace 250 price range?

This is a great Forum, glad I found it. I've been lurking for a couple weeks and it was time to jump in.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The difference is that the Pro Pack adds in a larger coil and headphones. The detector is the same. The Ace250 is a great place to start and is a general purpose detector although it is better for coinshooting. If you need any more help please ask.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

We had a MD that got stolen a while back. We recently replaced it with an Ace 250 for general use. I have been very happy with the unit. Even on the surf, you can reduce the sensitivity a little and successfully find targets.

It seems to detect in the beach soft sand about half the depth of my PI Pro for coins, usually about 6 inches, sometimes up to around 8.

The target identification is pretty accurate and the selectable descrimination is really cool. I like it better than the Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II we used to have.

Jack

OP
OP
K

kroche22

Greenie
May 11, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks TonyinCT. I may take a ride up in the near future and check out your store. I also would like to try a detector or two. I'm 6'3" would the ACE 250 have a good enough reach so I would not be hunched over?

oshis1

Apr 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic, Garrett ACE 250
6'1" and plenty of adjustment left in the length of the shaft on the ACE 250. Should be no problem for you!

Love the ACE 250 - highly recommend it ;D

oshis1

mattawan Michigan

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely get one from Tony... he'll make sure you're taken care of, before and AFTER your buy!

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions