Jun 9, 2007
Green Cove Springs, Fl

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
scottone,
Do a search for this informatiopn in the old posts. Can't remember who it was but someone said that there was no comparison at all, that the Ace 250 was much better.

grizzlybare

OP
OP
scottone928

scottone928

Jun 9, 2007
Green Cove Springs, Fl
Yes, I think it might be a treasure Ace. They both retailed about the same. I know the 300 is a little older, but did not know if there was anything different. I guess there is. I will go with the Ace 250. Thanks for the help.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
scottone928 said:
Yes, I think it might be a treasure Ace. They both retailed about the same. I know the 300 is a little older, but did not know if there was anything different. I guess there is. I will go with the Ace 250. Thanks for the help.

Good move getting the 250. Garrett naming the new Ace series "Ace" was a bad choice IMHO. The old Treasure Ace series (100,200,300), is 10 year old technology. They are not nearly as deep, don't have near the features of the new Ace line, heavier, and uglier in my opinion. I had the Ace 300 and got rid of it pretty quick. It just would not find things very deep.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know much about the Ace 250 but from what I have heard it's the unit to get for the price. From what I understand you can't go wrong with the 250

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread