ace 250

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 20 hours in with this machine.its cool cherry pickin. question how can i have a dime ive just dug in my hand still in the plug and no signal. also people say great depth,i havent dug anthing deeper than 4 1/2 to 5 inches. i hunt a river whear i find quarters that are bent from river flooding i know ther theare. depth doesent impress me.

any feed back
thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to Tnet. :hello:

As for coin still in the plug and no signal, I have no idea unless you have on a ring that masks the coin. Depth is relative. You might not have dug any coins deeper than you have because they aren't there. Untill you dig a coin garden where you can test the detector for depth you won't know how deep it'll reach in the ground. You might have to swing faster or slower, lower disc. hunt in all metal, etc.

OP
OP
R

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandman thanks
as far as the dime in the plug
i tried all metal mode and no signal until i start breaking up plug
like it dispared. no ring on.
the detector is a dime mangnet
how deep should i expect this detector to in dry conditions
i know things vary.
i thought deeper than 4/12 incches

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just remembered that the 250 doesn't have adjustable ground balance. That might be why lack of depth. Time to upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread