#2 - watch the video that comes with it :icon_thumleft:

#3- look for videos on youtube :tongue3:

You can't get better advise than this :laughing7:

Last edited:

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Ace 350 I started at school yards to Learn the tones . I found an old school mate one day he was out detecting . He has been a valuable resource to me . We speak a couple times week about our hunts discussing what we found and where . So you could join a club or if you see someone out detecting talk to them . It took me almost a year to find my first silver now looking for gold ! Your finds will come be patient and keep swinging !!

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had an Ace 350 about 3 months now and I have about 100 hours on it. The first thing you should do is get to know the difference between bottle caps and coins. Once you have focused in on a target that keeps repeating in the quarter/dime bar slowly move the coil forward or backward and keep swinging side to side, as the rim passes over the target a bottle cap will give an iron signal, practice doing that a few times over a bottle cap and quarter and you will see the difference. I have tried all 3 methods of pinpointing and I think the best way is to keep making shorter and shorter passes over the target till your only moving the coil 2 or 3 inches side to side, continue moving side to side while moving the coil toward you and when the signal stops the target is about 1 inch in front of the coil right where it says Garrett. Another thing I have noticed is only zinc pennies will ring in the penny bar, copper pennies ring in the dime/quarter bar. Also remember the picture of the coils magnetic field in the manual, its long and narrow so when you get conflicting signals try side stepping and trying to pinpoint from different angles in trashy areas. Expect to dig a lot of crap and skill will come with experience.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont be afraid to turn the gain down i hunt 3 notches off full most of the time and look for repeating signals .... heres some silver i found in the last 2 month with mine
securedownload.jpg

and i got this today

securedownload1.jpg

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow how often and where do you detect? Those are awesome finds, eat is your best find with the 350?

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also what mode do you use it in for such awesome results?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to detect whenever i can get to but the real thing comes down to is places to hunt ...its harder to find the places that havent been hit hard in my area i live in small town wisconsin..... it was like 4 inches ...by some junk metal too

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sniper coil is a good coil not to mention the sun ray probe, when I had mine I sometimes just leave the quarter/dime and nickel in to save time because you still hit older pennies on that setting and certain rings, HH acman

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow only four inches! I have yet to find even just a wheatie with mine :(

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow only four inches! I have yet to find even just a wheatie with mine :(
Make sure the places your hunting are old...try to find something that has had alot of dirt moved...aka look at tree's size them up look at the base see if there on a high hump of dirt with exposed roots...theres alot of things you need to learn but first you just need time on your machine to learn what its telling you....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread