Ace 350

stanski1980

Mar 12, 2011
aberdeen,maryland
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter IV / Garrett ACE 150
Hi guys I was looking at getting the Ace 350 what do you all think of the md???? for the ones that used one or have one how do you like it???? does it pinpoint real good???? what is your deepest depth with it on coins and other stuff??? Is it worth it or should i go with the AT Pro???

Thanks for the comments on this and happy hunting out there and let your finds be nice and shinny

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you asking us if we would buy a good machine or a better machine??? Is there any budget restrictions??? Will you be happier with a good machine or a better machine??? I dont think there is any magical comment that would sway your decision, do you???.

OP
OP
stanski1980

stanski1980

Mar 12, 2011
aberdeen,maryland
Detector(s) used
I have the Ace 150 right now and I was just wounding what you all think of the 350 if it is a good machine, I like the pinpoint it offers but was just wanting some input on it and what the people that won one think of it and how it works for them, and the depth they are getting with it as well.

Thanks for the comment tho gleaner1

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
The 350 is nice. I have one and use it all the time. The pin pointing has worked well for me.

I have found targets at least 6" deep so far and the depth gauge on the unit can be off sometimes as i have had it report a target at 4-6 inches to have it only be about 2"

I do wish I had spent the extra money for the AT Pro since that unit is waterproof unlike the 350 which is only water proof below the control box. Other than that I love my 350.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
stanski1980

stanski1980

Mar 12, 2011
aberdeen,maryland
Detector(s) used
thank you madjoker,
I am looking forward to getting the 350 I have watch a few videos on youtube of it in action and like it a lot. I love my 150 that I have now and have found a lot of clad and some silver as well. I look forward to hearing more stores form other members that have the 350 and how much they like it.

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 350 it works but for some reason I haven't found any silver yet :(. I know you can though

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is very little difference between the 350 and the 250 except for the additional $100 price tag. I know that decal replacement can be very costly. :laughing7:

Me.... I would buy the 250 and use the $100 towards buying the Excelerator 10" x 14" coil

gradechecker69

Jul 2, 2012
Southern OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT-Pro, Sovereign Elite and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 350 and like it alot. Like anybody I want to upgrade and I've only been detecting for a 3 months. I think that a water proof model is the way to go and I would have went that route if I had thought about it harder. As to depth of targets detected I have found stuff (no coins) as deep as 6 or 7 inches. And I also wish the depth gauge was more accurate. I've found a ton of clad coins with mine but no silver.

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
I have the 350 and the pointer pro...

I love them both, though the hobby would be much more frsutrating without the pin pointer...
I love the 350 though!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 350 and the pointer pro...

I love them both, though the hobby would be much more frsutrating without the pin pointer...
I love the 350 though!

imagine before pinpointers were available..... Are you in the Cheatham Hill Area? I used to walk the trail near Kolb Farm and kick 3 ringers out of the dirt..... I'd love to hunt the outskirts of the park now.....

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
350 is higher khz i like that find alot of smaller things over the 250 like the double d coil as well i would say upgrade to a 350 vs a 250 but if money is an issue go with the 250 plus field tools!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions