Ace 350

jberk

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
NC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my new 350 last week and have been out a few times, getting the hang of it. I have been hunting a house that is over 80 years old on a farm with a lot of barns. I have found a lot of coins but none of them are old. It seems that we would have found some old coins, my Dad and I have covered it pretty good. Don't know whats up with that.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2012
Northern NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
The way I look at it is....you have to clear the top layer of coins off to get to the old stuff. Might not be true but it keeps me from getting discouraged.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Recyclablesteele said:
The way I look at it is....you have to clear the top layer of coins off to get to the old stuff. Might not be true but it keeps me from getting discouraged.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recyclablesteele said:

Ur right my buddy and keep hitting what was an old country club now something else. He thought he cleared all wheaties an silver out, we've pulled 4 more wheaties out the last time there. Just because it has been hunted doesn't mean all te good stuff is gone

gradechecker69

Jul 2, 2012
Southern OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT-Pro, Sovereign Elite and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my 350 for around 4 months and have found coins and gold and silver bling. Just keep swinging and it will find the goods. Then you will be like me and want bigger and better. I'm sure glad I started with it though, now for me Mding is an addiction!!!!!!!!!!!! The 350 will feed it.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

jberk

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
NC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting the hang of the 350, hunting a farm house built in the 1930s. I have been twice and have found over 100 clad coins and today a silver kids ring, my first cool find. Still no silver coins. Should I bump up the sensitivity a few bars to maybe go a little deeper? I have it at 3.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can bump it up a bit more for going deeper, just don't run it near the eyelets of your shoes :laughing7:

InKogKneeGrow

Aug 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL run it near you shoes, or in my case boots. I bumped mine up to 4 or 5 bars and without realizing I was catching my boot, on my out swing.....Id get excited hearing a sound only to go back over it and dead silence. it was driving me crazy. Finally I figured it out.....treasure was always just under my boot.....UUUHHHHDDDDUUUUHHHHHH But I had a good laugh. I use to hunt on 4 but would have false readings or the item was just a bit deeper. I got tired of digging 8" deep holes and coming up with nada. So I took a members advice and bumped it down to 3 which works well here in central jersey. When ever its really dry out I try adding a bar. But always have to kick it back down.

Good luck with your Ace, Your finding coins thats the key!! The good stuff will come, If you want to be certain you don't miss anything...Dig it all....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions