Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brass is $1.25 per pound around here, copper even better. I loaded up with brass and copper junk from hunts including a long brass rod. Got some fair money out of it. Go for it!:headbang:

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A surprise question!

By the way, my wife asked me yesterday about "those big coils you keep talking about", since father's day was coming up. I told her that they were really too pricey for Father's Day since my birthday was just last month (she got me a Predator Pirhana), but I gave the info in case she ignores my protests. I also gave her a link for the Gold Digger website, since they seem to be the only American dealer claiming to have the full line of NEL coils and NEL lists them as an authorized dealer. I suggested instead she get me some more cargo pants. When I'm not at work, that's all I wear. I especially like the 5.11 brand, but they're pricey. Anyway, a NEL will probably be in my future and I'll report on it soon. Here's my best find with the stock 400 as of today. 20160602_205546.jpg

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see how a NEL works on a ACE 400. I know some AT Pro users have said HUGE difference....then other have said no difference. Feel free to bump this thread or start a new one. I'm all ears when it comes to NEL coils. Getting one for my wifes Gold Bug in another month or 2. Cannot wait.

I think those who claim the NEL's are better just don't want to admit to being duped.

Being skeptical from the start how one company could make coils for ALL detectors, and make them better in all ways than the ones who designed those detectors in the first place seemed a little too good to be true. So to prove it to myself I bought one. I bought the hunter size which is 20% larger than my stock coil, I saw about a half inch loss of depth, and no noticeable difference in background noise at max sens.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting. I suspect that part of the success of the coil is in the larger size being able to cover more ground. Also, as Kurt of Hoover Boys told our club, he goes slower, has a shorter swing, to save his shoulder due to the added torque of the bigger coil, and shortens his rod also. So, the bigger coil has a bigger footprint and the slower, more careful sweep may reveal faint targets that a faster sweep with a lighter coil may miss. After all, I got a screw cap for one of those metal gallon cans, about the size of a half dollar, at 8 inches with no sweat with my stock 400 in relic mode (it was the depth of my pinpointer), so I am not sure about the magic of the NEL quite yet, but will get one and try it out myself. There is a fellow in the our club that likes the Mars MD coil as well.:dontknow:

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone reviewed the Garrett Ace 300 yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread