ACE250 Finds...this morning

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
went to our beach for a couple hours this morning.....haven't been there in a while, just got back into this actually, anyway...I can't believe all the beaver tails I found! I got kinda discouraged because it seemed that's all I was hitting. I guess I need help adjusting my 250, I figured that I was the rookie recovering the junk left behind by the guys that are good at this or have better machines, or maybe our beach isn't hit that often....I rarely see anyone out there with a md..... Does the beaver tails and tabs ring up as a certain number on the AT Pro? I am considering that machine as my primary machine.....Anyway 13 cents in 2 hours wasn't very good.......

Attachments

• 07-23-13I-10beach.JPG
    07-23-13I-10beach.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No machine can tell the difference between those tabs and gold rings...looks like the area you hunted hasn't been hit much, or the ones hunting it only dig the high tone coin signals....to get gold you have to dig pull tabs...some places may have so many tabs that it may not be worth digging them to get gold...you have to decide.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had meter readings saying pull tab and it was gold. I only eliminate iron at the beach. Readings can fool you especially if you get a deep signal.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..The sad thing is...out of all the gold rings i have found so far with my AT-Pro, they ALL read the same number as beaver tails (52-53) which is also about 90% of the nickels i dig....Just gotta dig them...every once in a while i will get tired and pass one up...then i instanly regret it and go back to check..lol

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup gotta dig em. Yesterday I was hunting a volleyball court and there were probably 50 beer bottle tops, I dug them all. And the last one as I went to leave for the day, big silver ring. If you have a good scoop it will make digging faster and easier and you'll be able to pop them out quicker. Makes cleaning up the beach a bit faster.

mikemcc39

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Went Sunday for about 5 hours with my Ace 250. I stick to the soft sand above high tide back to about the life guard standa. Found about $6 in clad and a silver ring. Just gotta know where to look and dig it all! Judging by the amount of pull tabs not many people have really been there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread